[APP] Fibaro - Your home is your castle (by Athom)

Hello
Any news to this? I have same problem. Have 3 smoke sensors - athom sees them all and get continous temperature readings, but when i put firealarm/smokealarm on, nothing happens - have tried to re-add them and it makes no difference

Hello,

2 weeks ago I got a email from athom that the have it in the alpha testā€¦ so I except it very soon will come to the beta and than we will seeā€¦

1 Like

Yes smoke alarm is going to be fixed also. You could try putting a ā€œ1ā€ in all groups in advanced settings of the device, that might just work.
Also the fibaro roller shutter is getting Venetian blinds setting regarding tilt function. It was my understanding that, as it is one of the most used apps, it is going to get a big overhaul. But first prio is the homey firmware itself. Makes sense as one doesnā€™t want to recode apps with every change, which is quite time consuming.

1 Like

Any insight to how far away in time the new version of the Fibaro app are?

Really need support for the Smart Implant which I use for vital home automation purposes in my current Fibaro HC2 which I am moving away from to as Homey

1 Like

Athom never gives a timeline, so the only time we know is, probably before Christmas

you can contact Athom to be allowed into the alpha branch if you really need it.

Thanks for quick answer!

And to contact them one should use support@athom.com?

that is correct

Hello Keckepro,

Test it today and the smoke alarm is working again. Also the heat alarm is working now!

Anyone having the same problem? My fibaro devices are displayed as not reachable. See attached pics. Other zwave devices are working?! Any idea how to solve this?
I already tried:

• app restart several times (+ enable disable)
  • homey w/o power for 15min to enforce mesh reset zwave

Only homey full restart helps. But only for about 2hrs. :frowning:

Hello,

today included my Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 in Homey, was previously a home user.

Iā€™m more than amazed at the lack of support. Among the defects:

• I can not even adjust the inclination of my external blinds, but I need it for shading, in homee was the standard. Is there something else fixed?
  • Dimming level as a name I find something confused in a roller blind?
  • Confusing name when including, what is the version with <2.4? I have the 2.5, so I did not take it, correct?
  • In the flows, I find no option to close blinds or open, only on or off, that does not work, of course?

I hope there is still something to be improved to use the full features can?

greetings

Philipp

This is why the app description says that it isnā€™t fully implemented:
"Supported devices with some parameters:"

This is probably an mobile app issue, not an Fibaro app issue, and you should contact Athom for that.

The correct driver in the app is chosen by the IDā€™s of the device itself, which is different for every version of the roller shutter 2, so you will use the correct one no matter what you choose.

You should use the slider to open or close the roller blind, the app indeed doesnā€™t use ternary buttons as it didnā€™t work properly in Homey.

thanks a lot

hello,

if i close the venetians with down or also with slider, the venetians close complety bit then the slats get horizontal, whats the problem?

thanks

philipp

You need to turn off ā€œremember the positioningā€ parameter on fibaro roller shutter module.

hello lgy,

where can i switch ist off?

thanks

Go to device setting and change operating mode from ā€œvenetian blind mode, with positioningā€ to ā€œRoller bilnd mode with positioningā€. It should work.

At first I had the situation that within my flows, not all Fibaro switched or dimmed lights were turned on. But, Homey would also not show that they are turned on, so giving correct information.
Lately I am getting more and more occurances where Homey acts as if the dimmer or switch is turned on or off, but in reality is not. So giving incorrect information. That is a situation that is very unwanted, especially when not at home and needing to rely on the info Homey gives me.
Is this something others experience as well?

This can be caused by more factors, most common are the following:

• Homey needs to be restarted from time to time to free up resources for real operation.

• Zwave network is overloaded with communication and its impossible for Fiabro module to provide correct feedback - more investigation needed, but developer tools can help to see which devices are communicating very frequent. Also try to avoid switching too many zwave device at the same time.

• Homey range issue - antenna mod can help to solve responsiveness of communication a lot - see antenna mod topic.

And there can be other reasons, but I do suggest to check those above first.

Thanks for your thoughts. I will first try to lower the communication at the same time. I am switching/dimming 15 lights with some delays in between, but maybe not enough.

Hello,

thanks for the workaround, it works. but itā€™s a pity that the fibaro roller shutter is only so badly supported. if you already have blinds then it would be nice to be able to use them. i didnā€™t have these problems with Homee, it worked perfectly.

greetings

philipp