Hi! I’ve been using Homey for some years now (early 2016 model) and have also used a Fibaro Dimmer 2 for close to a year without any problem. It is installed in a closed box, no external hardware switch attached and is triggered only via Homey. As said, works like a charm.
I decided to upgrade and expand with 3 more Fibaro Dimmer 2 modules, combined with a ByPass as the lights are all LED and I considered it a ‘better safe than sorry approach’. As these dimmers were planned to go behind a wall switch, I decided to test these first before mounting them in and running into stuff, so I made a setup with a few cables and a small table-top lamp to check if it all worked.
- Connected the Dimmer 2 module exactly like the one that is working,
- Connected the Bypass accross the lightsource (screwed inside the plug),
- Not connected the hardware switch yet to first test this.
When it powered up, it calibrated for 30-60’ish seconds. Then, when I toggle it on, it powers up, but after 1-3 seconds automatically shuts down again. Same when using the dimmer function, it goes to the indicated level, then powers down again.
What I have done/tested so far:
- Swapped out the Fibaro DImmer modules (I bought 3, so I tested them all) - no change.
- Swapped out with the other ByPass modules - no change
- Made sure Homey was up to date, did a reset - no change
- Made sure the Fibaro app was up to date, did a reset - no change
- Double checked that the advanced settings of the Dimmer module had anything funny (similar to the one that is working correctly)
- Did a hardware reset on the Dimmer modules - no change
- Did a full reset on the Homey Z-Wave network, having had some trouble re-adding the old modules again, but made sure I really removed the modules via settings/Z-Wave.
- Screenshot from the Fibaro Manual, with a highlight how I connected the modules
Any tips on solving this issue, or what may be causing this automatic powering down of the module? The light source is a plain 5W LED bulb.