Homey Community Forum

Fibaro RGBW Controller 2

I cannot find support for Fibaro’s rgbw controller 2. Anyone who knows if there are any plans to implement that and if so, what’s the timeline?

Must have been asleep, didn’t even know they made a new one :joy:
but anyway, Athom never works with a timeline, if there are enough people that request it (click!) they will implement it fast, if not a lot of people request it, it will not get implemented fast.

Or of course a community member can write support for it.

EDIT: quick google makes it almost the same as the old rgbw controller, just added scene activation for all 4 inputs and security 2 (which Homey doesn’t support, yet), don’t see that enough reason for the extra 15 euro’s that it costs

Thanks for the input Caseda!

The request link seems broken “Dynamic Link Not Found”, any other link in stock? :slight_smile:

I made the mistake to assume it was supported and I have already bought the controllers. Not sure if I can return them now when they’re already used…

Do I understand you right that the RGBW controller 2 requires a security level that is not yet supported on the Homey? If so, I guess it will not be solved soon. If not, would you have any guidance what would be needed to the existing currently supported controller device code, clone and make the needed changes for it to work?

"Dynamic Link Not Found
Short URL (https://goo.gl/forms/WyLpQodlV9jtghPk1) not found

If you are the developer of this app, ensure that your Dynamic Links domain is correctly configured and that the path component of this URL is valid."

It doesn’t need it, any device can be included unsecure, just means the data between Homey and the device is less secure then it could be, but for a light I guess isn’t too too important.
I’ve fixed the link in my original post, guess the shortened links are temporary.

Ps, I’m not the main developer, only been contributor

1 Like

Are there some solutions for this?

I have 8 of them and can’t use them with the homey

I just bought the previous RGBW Controller. Maybe you can return them?

I don’t can bring them back.
So I hope that someone come with a solution.
:muscle::v::facepunch::+1:

There are only 2 solutions, create your own driver, or create a device request at the developer of the app, which is in this case Athom