Fibaro windows sensor V2 unreliable

Hi

I have 4 of the window V2 sensors from Fibaro, but they are frustrating to work with (besides the tape that does not last and therefor set the tamper alert to on) but they are unreliable regarding the open/closed state, they usually work for a day or 2 and then all the sudden, they “decide” to not register open/closed state anymore (temperature is sent though).

Does anyone have an ide regarding this? I have 4 and 2 of them sit exactly like the manual says next to each other, the 2 other (being velux windows) sit on surfaces that are 90 deg. from each other (if that makes sense)

The Fibaro V1 I have are incredibly stable, no matter how they are installed, how low the battery is or anything else I do, so it is strange that the V2 is unreliable.

Yes, same problem. I have only one of them, thought.

I had to jam a piece of paper in between the lid and the tamper switch, with that I solved the tamper always on.
After a while it gets stuck into open. It is not Homey’s fault as if I move the magnet up and down few times it starts working again for few days.

All the v1’s I have work just fine.

Just replace them with Neo Coolcam door sensors like i did. Much cheaper, more reliable and even longer battery life.
Alas no tamper or temperature, but tamper is a burden to most and temperature drains battery.

Or replace by the Xiaomi sensors, much more cheaper (about €7,-- at Aliexpress) and very reliable

1 Like

Yes, the Xiaomi Aqara sensors work perfect for me. The Fibaro were there before Aqara, might as well had to give them a use.

Thank you for the answers.

I’ll have a look at both brands, and then give them a try, especially if I can get more reliability for a lower price.

Have the exactly same problem! Not satisfied with the Fibaro door/window sensor. Will go for recommendatioins on this topic!

I just ordered one of the xiaomi to test it

Installed 2 yesterday, and must say, they are are first glance much more reliable than Fibaro V2, they change state everytime, something my fibre 2 sensors doesn’t even do with fresh batteries :slight_smile: so if thye keep this trend, I know what im buying from now on.

Did I mention I can get 5 sensors for 1 Fibaro V2 price, now I can afford to quickly get them on all windows.

1 Like

Fibaro sensors are rubbish. In terms of reliability and battery life. Way much better performance and reliability can be found from Neo sensors (zwave) fir half the price, or aqara (zigbee) for 1/4 the price of Fibaro.

I’ve replaced this unreliable Fibaro with an Aqara which of course has been working flawlessly so far.
And gave it a new life (or dead sentence :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) I put it inside the wine fridge.
It gives me the temperature and if the door is open.
Perhaps it likes the cold since there has been reliable.

1 Like

Comparing apples and pears here.

Fibaro = zwave
Xiaomi = Zigbee

Not surprising that there is an difference.

I have a rather large zwave “network” with +100 nodes and have never had any issues with the Fibaro door/window sensors. So might be depending on how many other zwave devices you have and how many main powered devices you have with routing capability.

1 Like

Sure mate, just read the posts above, we are talking about the Fibaro Door/Window sensor 2 here. This particular one gives grieve to a number of people. The rest of versions work just fine. And yes, I have a nice z-wave mesh with 60+ powered devices and yes I have the external z-wave antenna mod and I do like both apples and pears. :grin:

1 Like

Yes and I do have 14 of the Fibaro Door/Windows Sensor 2 in my setup and have never har any issues with them.

God that you like fruit, that is healthy for you🤪

Just though’t I’d chime in saying I have a lot of issues with Xiaomi devices, the are cheep but they are not reliable (or possibly Homeys zigbee implementation is not reliable).
I have to walk around every few weeks re-pairing a random handfull of xiaomi devices…

So to make a long story short, I am currently switching from xiaomy door/windows sensors to z wave devices…

My Xiaomi devices are very reliable. I have a few environmental sensors (including one in the backyard) and motion sensors, and they have been functioning perfectly for about a year now (initially on Homey, lately on Home Assistant).

Yes, zwave is much more stable in case of Homey. I believe that zigbee issue is not related to sensors/devices itself, but to Homey implementation. For e.g. Ikea devices work rock stable with Ikea GW, but had issue with Homey (need of repairing). Also Atom stated that they are working on zigbee topic, so hopefully they will fix it.
To Fibaro door sensor topic, I have also problems sometimes of not reporting correctly the change of the state, also battery life is bellow one year. On oposite, Neo coolcam door sensor is working perfectly since it was installed (almost a year) with still original battery - its used on main door with several reports a day.

1 Like

I have over a hundred zigbee devices so yes the coverage should be pretty good.

And by “working” do you mean they are silent and seem to work?
That’s what mine does, only thing they dont do is report anything…
This also happens with Ikea devices as well, by the way, so could be a homey issue.
I contacted support about it a while back and got the impression that with large zigbee networks homey has issues due to how they implemented the zigbee stack.

// Michael Medin