Firmware 7.0.1

Just disable auto update. Your timeline will still announce when there is an update. Then head over to https://firmware.athom.com/ and you’ll see the changelog.

Agreed an email would be nice when an update is released, but for whatever reason they decided not to send one for minor updates like v7.01

They did on Slack, and I shared it here. Dunno why they don’t publish it here.
Most of the time a news email is sent X days after the publishing date.
Cheers.

You can consider it, but that won’t make it actually possible to roll back to previous firmwares :frowning:

1 Like

Same here, HomeyKit loses the connection with devices, restarting the app will solve this, but you have to add the devices back to homekit. Beside that, sometimes my homey is not reachable or flows are not executed because the homey is not reachable or crashed.

Can’t I just perform a RESET and Cloud Restore? Or will that download latest release? :slight_smile:

Load has stabilised after 3-4 hours, but I won’t be restarting anytime soon. Support have acknowledged known issue and investigating fix.

Yes, it will install the latest stable release, which is 7.0.1

1 Like

They also did not send for 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 6.x nor any 7.x. Only 1.5 and 5.0 were announced in the community… :rofl:

Thanks for confirming @robertklep

You were ignored

Weird. In the community, all I see is this:

Furthermore, in my email, I see all kinds of blog and news messages, NONE OF WHICH are version announcements.

Correction: I could find the v7 announcement after all, BUT IT WAS IN MY SPAM box…
The problem was a combination of issues between Homey and my PC and between my screen and my chair. :poop:

@RogerSt

So, maybe creating a Slack account and subscribe to homey channel keeps you up2date :wink::+1::beers:

The problem is really between monitor and chair… Search all slack channels for Homey yields 0 results. Channel browser does not show Homey channel. Assuming that the channel actually exists… it’s me… H E L P please…

Not sure, but I installed the Slack app and did manage to subscribe to # homey ch.
Can’t remember how…:roll_eyes::see_no_evil:
Did you try to search for ‘homey’ without the #

Sigh… For some reason my personal account is linked to my corporate workspace. I think I found the issue. Thanks!! Joining worked.

1 Like

That’s right, but sorry, this shouldn’t be the way of communication with the customers.

Athom’s communication is generally very POOR!

1 Like

Agreed, Dirk. I just recently subscribed to the # homey channel and discovered the announcements. So now I know how others found out about it early, besides opening firmware.athom.com every morning😅
Idk why they don’t have “just” a news section at athom.com f.i.
The provided info is ‘splattered’ over too many different places imho.

But, the X.0 fw updates, along with selected (web)app updates are being communicated by email.
I think Athom ‘assumes’ everyone has auto-update enabled, and there’s little need for us to be informed about x.x and rc updates.
I just don’t know their priorities…

Support is always responsive and quick in my experience.
On the other hand, they’re quite busy improving the web app and the phone app for instance.
I don’t know much products with such an active and improving company behind it.
I also want you to know my (USED) Homey non-pro runs quite flawless since sept.'20.
In the end, I’m a happy Homey owner.

1 Like

I have the same issues. Homey is unreachable since version 7.0.1

PtP didn’t work
PtP for 6 hours didn’t work

Going for a full reset with a backup. Homey was reachable until the apps where loading.

Next step: Full download of firmware and backup
if this doesn’t work I will try to go back to V7.0 and backup.

It is a shame that a minor update screws everything

Homey v7.1.0-rc.3
[Core] Add ManagerSafety

[Core] Address memory leak issue

[Zigbee] Add light capabilities to Zigbee Basic devices when applicable

https://firmware.athom.com