Flic support in Homey?

Someone tips on the flic buttons?

Hi Marcel,

I use Flic 1 and 2 buttons with the Flic2 hub. The Flic 2 buttons with Flic 2 hub have an excellent range. Max. distance I have is about 12 meters with concrete walls in between without any issues.
I used the Flic 1 hub before, but the range was significant less.

Communication between the Hub and Homey is quite easy by use of webhooks. I think someone here made a tutorial also.

Thx for your information. Just ordered 6 flics2. Luckely there was today a nice discount.

I have the Flic 1 hub and it seems fine … until an issue occurs in the hub causing it to loose connect and require a restart … At which point I notice that all my flic buttons go flat with in a day or two … im guessing they are trying to connect over and over or something?

Has anyone else noticed this issue on flic or flic 2?

I don’t have this issue with the Flic 2 hub. Had some issues with the Flic 1 hub, but I think those were related to the more limited range.

Just got the flic2 with hub. Added the app flic, but can’t trigger an action when I push the button. Is it only possible with http requests. How should i trigger a flow in Homey? Do i
Post a webrequest like i used to for Locative?
https://xxxxxxx.connect.athom.com/api/manager/logic/webhook/locative?tag=Marcelthuis

Just tried this but does not work, post and get request;
http://192.168.xxx.xxx/api/app/com.internet/whitelist/afzuigkapaan

And a logic receiving webrequest with afzuigkap aan

First link should work with GET.

1 Like

Thx will try after diner👍

Great works, and really fast and easy. Thx Roco

1 Like

Flic2 Works great fast and looks awesome

So after several years, there is finally some official support for flic buttons.
Unfortunately it still requires the flic hub or an iPhone/iPad in between to act as a bridge, making me think it just a very fancy way of still basically having a web request posted to the Homey.

I wonder if it somehow could be faster though than the original “post web request”? And why the Bluetooth functionality of Homey wasn’t used to make Flic buttons actually really supported.

It’s an app written by a 3rd party dev, and in his/her own time and free to use by you.

@ the app page it’s clearly stated the BT thing is on the to-do :grimacing:

Adjusted from web request into using a flow from homey with the help of the flic bridge. Still does have delay, but in my case from 10s delay down to 5 sec delay for turning my Siemens hood on/off.

Am using them with the LR Hub and local webhooks to my Homey direct. Got no delay at all. Well, or lets say almost no delay. <1s

This delay is specific for Siemens/Bosch, with other brands i also have hardly any delay

Am I missing something here … there was so much excitement behind the bridge. Seems to be able to do everything except for 833MHz. Been 3 days since I’ve installed it. Seems the only thing I can install is my IKEA lights. It would have to do the rest custom. Still seems cant just add any BLE or WiFi devices unless there is an app integration. But for many like flic the app integration only available for Homey Pro. I thought it would take over the RM PRO + more … but at the moment it’s looking like a big let down. Is it just the whole Beta process?

Homey (both Pro and Bridge) require specific app integration for almost every device. It’s not a generic hub, it cannot learn IR/RF signals, and besides that, WiFi and BLE are both generic transport protocols for which there is no generic integration possible (you always need a specific implementation to support a device).

As for app integration: most community-developed apps will not become available for Homey Bridge any time soon. Athom only wants “verified developers” (developers that pay €€€) and only companies (not individuals) to be able to write apps for Homey Cloud/Bridge.

Impossible @ Homey bridge
It’s only usable to connect the bridge to internet