Flow on a specific day

Correct me if i’m wrong. But I can’t find a way to make an easy flow on a specific day in ‘date and Time’

Like:

Every thuesday set de outdoor lamp at 7pm on

In the And section you can select any given day of the week if you select «today is» under the date and time segment.

You can set the day in the AND column. Trigger at 7pm and check for the day in AND.
So:
IF The time is… 19:00
AND Today is a… Tuesday
THEN Set outdoor lamp

But why can I only do it on a specific time. Like every thuesday set the outdoor lamp on.

You can.
IF the outdoor lamp is off
And the day is Tuesday
Then turn on outdoor light.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks

Then it would go on at 0:00 hours presumably if that’s even possible in Homey (which it is but only for “the date becomes”…

This is because “the outdoor lamp is off” is not a trigger, it’s a condition (for the “and”). The trigger is a specific moment/event : when I arrive home, when it’s 0.00 hours, when a button is pushed…

Hi, I’m new with Homey. Can anyone help how to create this very simple WHEN?:
when week day 6am OR weekend 7am
which I was able to do used 2 “cards” on my previsou smart bridge (Tuya). Thanks!

That are two flows
When 6am
And it is a Weekday
Then …

Second Flow
When 7a
And its a Weekend Day
Then …

Thanks. Yes, I think this way, too. Just want to be sure that there is no other simple way how to do that. I have a flow which starts at 6 on weekdays but at 7 in weekend.

Hi, I’m comming bact to this topic again. I have a “wake up light” to help my children wake-up in the morning. As they have very different schedule for each day, the light runs on a specific time almost each days (4 different times from Mon to Sat). Using Tuya smart bridge there is one flow only with different times & days with OR between:

Mon at 6:15
OR
Thu at 6:00
OR
Tue, Wed, Fri at 6:30
OR
Sat at 6:20

Making the same in Homey I need 4 different flows. As Homey has wide range of programing possibilities, would it be possible to add such simple day and time WHEN condition? I belive it will be useful for number of similar flows. (Including periods of days as sunrise or sunset.)

You can use the Advanced-Scheduler
app if you want to make schemes.

Personally I prefer to have 4 flows:

1. homey is not impressed by large numbers of flows.
  2. splitting up flows keeps rhem simple and much easier to debug. Personally I split up these flows even futher (see my post on “how to structure your flows”)

For this case you can also use the build-in function “Alarms” (Homey Smartphone App → More → Alarms" with only one flow:

When…
– Alarm goes on (any!)
Then…
– Whatever

If you need to use more alarms, e.g. for yourself, then you can add a name in the naming of the alarms, e.g. “Mon Parents”. Then the flow should look like this:

When…
– Alarm goes on (any!)
And…
– Name contains Parents (Logic-Card )
Then…
– Whatever

Pro tip: By using the IcalCalender app, you can easily control that an alarm should not be activated, for example, if it is a free day or the children are on vacation.

Thanks for the tip for Advanced Scheduler. I will check.

Thanks. I didn’t think of using Alarms this way. :wink:

4 posts were split to a new topic: Ical calender time change