Garage Door Remote (433,92MHz, Rolling Code)

Hi I am trying to add my garage door opening system to the Homey.
I have tried copying the remote via the homey 15cm keep pressing remote fob 15 times but this did not work.
It is an Avanti system which are really popular in the UK and europe.

Has anybody had any success doing this ? If so how did you add it ?

Thanks

Steve

It is an Avanti unit made by JD UK Ltd

https://www.avanti-antriebe.de/en/products/garage-door-opneser-en/garage-door-openers-t-series

Is there an app for it ?? apps.athom.com ???
If not it will not work, as an app needs to be made :wink:
you can request a app here : Homey Community App Requests

You could try using the KlikAanKlikUit app and try to add it as a remote (try all of them).
I use different brand remotes and KAKU like plugs with the KAKU app.
Also my doorbell is a different brand but works as a KAKU.

If it is only a rolling code device the trying any other app in the store will not be possible, it will need its own app that has some clever stuff behind it to keep track of the rolling code (rolling code = the code for open/close changes every time for safety reasons).
There are some devices you can disable the rolling code, but if you want that as it will not be safe anymore (easy to record by thiefs) is the second question you will need to ask yourself.

1 Like

Thanks I will try KAKU and let you know.

I use a sonoff SV flashed to tasmota to open doorgates (using the switch inputs of the motor board)

I have/had a similar issue and posted a request here: Homey Community App Requests

1. I would recommend you to put a request here also
  2. When you nailed it… would you mind sharing your solution
  3. In the mean time I invested in the Gogogate2 (an American wifi solution) which functions with an app and IFTTT

Do you get a signal when using Athoms recording tool?
If you do, you can try to generate a Signal definition using this tool.

Ha @HarriedeGroot cool! Hopefully this works also for a rolling RF code

Probably not…but maybe it’s worth a shot. It ‘can’ work, only if the estimated signed def (nearly) equals against multiple recordings or when a finite set of signals can be identified. Most likely this isn’t the case when dealing with rolling keys (that’s the whole purpose of them).

Aint it possible to make something like home assistant gogogate2 ?

Im not that good of a programmer, so dont think i can make it by myself…

1 Like

Has there been any progress on this topic since April? I am as well interested to get a garage door remote working on homey (either 433,92 MHz or 868 Mhz), better if rolling code logic inside.

This is for me still my biggest gap in the home automation, the rolling rf code for my gate…