Gate is open, send alert... after 30 minutes still open? Send another alert.. How to setup this flow

I’m wondering if there is an easy way to setup this flow with Xiaomi Door Alarm:

1. Gate is open, send alert…
  2. After 30 minutes still open? Send different alert…
  3. After 60 minutes still open? Send different alert & blink lights

I managed the first flow:

Curious what’s the best approach for step 2 & 3

I have the same thing created for my front and back door

1 Like

Make a countdown timer Gate

flow 1: IF contact alarm gate goes on THEN start gate timer at 3600 sec AND send Alert 1
flow 2: IF contact alarm gate goes off THEN stop gate timer
flow 3: IF gate timer value has changed AND value is exact 1800 sec(logica) THEN send alert 2
flow 4: IF gate timer value has changed AND value is exact 0 THEN send Alert 3 and whatever.

Thnks Harm @HTilburgs, which app is the “meldingen” app? Will experiment tomorrow with your approach…

Thanks Seiko for your prompt response, this approach looks easy, will check this one also!

Meldingen is just a Virtual Device, so I can turn on/off the messages if I need.

@Seiko I choosed your approach… 4 flows

Installed the Countdown App and created 4 flows:

Gate is open:

Gate is closed:

30 minutes reminder:

60 minutes reminder:

Tomorrow the Window Washer will visit the house, let’s see how this turns out:-)

Future plans
Closing the gate automatically, therefore I started a post with an app request… no response so far… :frowning: I should repost it here I guess

In the mean time I bought a GoGo Gate, which I can connect with IFTTT and automate it…

For now, many thanks to @seiko and @HTilburgs

1 Like