Get a notification when the washingmachine is ready

Thanks, I think I got it (finally)

1 Like

I only use the first 3 flows. First step was to run a washing program and check Insights to get an idea of how my washing-machine behaved during a program and if the 120 seconds countdown would be long enough to cover the stops. Second step was to create flows 1, 2 and 3 as described. Last step was adjusting the notifications when the machine stops. I added 2 push notifications, homey speak and LED ring flashing green for 30 seconds. Worked like a charm the first try. And… the WAF went up a notch too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks Rocodamelsheki for your time and effort to build this flow.

4 Likes

What is the best plug for using this.

Don’t want fire :slight_smile:

Is this one okay?

10A 2500w max € 9,03 21%OFF | Originele Xiaomi mijia Smart Socket Plug Zigbee Versie WiFi Draadloze Afstandsbediening Socket Adapter Power Timer Schakelaar aan en uit door APP
https://a.aliexpress.com/E8ONTGYQB

I don’t think there is a “best” plug for this. All depending on how much power the machines are using and how much the plug can handle. The plug in ur link has a max of 2500W. My Fibaro plug has an continue use of 2500W with a peak of 3000W. My machines are like 5 years old and don’t use that much power.
Also make sure the app ur going to use with the plug supports power readings from the plug. For example a plug connected to the Tuya cloud app does not support power readings so can’t make this flows with it.

With this plug I can see the power…

I’ve bought a PlugWise Zigbee 3500w plug, just to be sure it could handle the peak-loads. It works fine.

PS @Rocodamelshekima thanks for the inspiration! I already had flows for this use case, but this one is much more versatile!

My “older” flows:

And:

Well… Just now I wanted to use the new flow for the first time, I can not read/connect the plug? Grrrzz…

Aaaand so I discovered the issues with Zigbee devices. Also using a Fibaro (Z-Wave) plug now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think that plug is safe, there’s no ground-connection on the front.

Hi Guy’s,

This is a super flow, i only have a problem calculating the final cost.

Can you please look at this? All remarks are welcome!

THX!!!

Hi Cautje, maybe this helps?

In ‘Wasmachine 1’ the last action is to turn on the virtual washing machine, which will trigger ‘Flow 1 Wasmachine’. But when ‘Flow 1 Wasmachine’ is disabled/uitgeschakeld, the flow will not run thus will not calculate the start of the kWh.

I think it’s better that you change that last action (turn on virtual washing machine) into ‘turn on Flow 1 Wasmachine’ followed by ‘Start Flow 1 Wasmachine’ with 2 seconds delay. That flow will then turn itself off after 2 seconds, as programmed. Now your calculation has a starting point in kWh.
After the wash finished, the calculation can proceed with telling you the amount of kWh that was used.

PS: you might want to calculate the price with the kWh-tariff that you pay for in your energy contract. Of course it’s only energy costs, not the costs of the water that was used.

U disable the “Flow 1 wasmachine” with “schakel flow 1 wasmachine uit”
In the last flow u run this flow instead of enable it by “start Flow 1 wasmachine”
This should be “schakel Flow 1 wasmachine in”

THX Guy’s, i will try this and let you know.

hmmmm, stil struggling.

I am a bit confused because the examples follow each other in version.
Would it be possible to place a complete overview of the screenshot including the calculation of the flow costs?
I think that could be a nice summary of the excellent post for everyone.

Thanks!

Quick question.

See my flow for the dryer. The first try I had the flow without the ‘and’ card to check if the timer was already running. So, what happened was that the timer was started again every ten seconds since the TP-Link plug sends new info every 10 seconds. I fixed it with the card to check if the timer is already running, but is this the right way or is there a better way?

I was a bit surprised to see it not working the first time since I use timers in multiple flows and never even added the ‘and’ card to check if the timer was already running. For example to check with lux is if it’s dark or light outside (see flow below). Flows work perfectly. Am I lucky and should I have added it in all flows?

If u set the boolean at the correct flow like stated in the OP then there is no need to check for timer running. Must also say that the Countdown app used in the example in the OP is different then the timer app u are using so maybe there is a difference?

Ok, i wil check this.
Thx!

They both start a timer and stop a timer for this specific goal. So I assume that’s the same.

I know there are more ways to Rome (neither is correct or incorrect). I was just asking if this is normal behavior and that I indeed should have added the check for a timer that is running to make this (and all other flows I have created with timers) run successfully.

Can only say that the Countdown app is doing his job very well with the given examples in the OP m8. I cannot assume that other apps do the same job because i don’t use them. When putting the boolean to true/false in the correct places there is no need for a check for timers running because we check if booleans are true/false. In this case, with the given examples and given apps to use it is not normal that u need to check on running timers.

It’s not the app.

I have my reasons to choose another way to the same goal. For example: I want a notification when the dryer starts. If I use your flow I get that notification multiple times since you let the boolean change many times (possibly) and only after that you use the timer. I use the timer before the boolean change because of a slightly different implementation. So I’m not asking if this is normal in your flows. I’m asking for help with my flows and looking at the reasoning, if it’s the right way to check for running timers or that I should do it differently.

do it the way you learned bicycle riding :smiley:

i made a virtual device. And in the first flow:

I start the 2nd flow:

Then i made 2 other flows.

So when power goes up, “Flow 1” is started, sending the notification and disabled after 4 seconds. This way u get the notification only 1 time. In "Flow2 " u enable “Flow 1” again.

1 Like