Goodwe solar panels inverter: who can help?

Yes, please install https://homey.app/a/it.diederik.solar/test/ and report back with your experiences.

looking forward, but coincidence or not today not able to login to the SEMS portal due to authentication failure (even after pwd reset). Will try later again.

Hi folks, also super keen for this functionality for the SEMS connectivity. Have also tested the 4.0.2 version - login is successful to SEMS, but on the following screen received the error in the screenshot. Diederik if I can help test in any way happy to help out.

PS. Will the functionality also feature the SOC tags?

HomeySemsErrorSmall

Hi @Diederik , I’ve installed 4.0.2 successfully, then also succeeded in addin my (2) Goodwe inverters (I had to enter my SEMS credentials). But then I got a message when I click on the converter’s tile saying something like ‘only absolute URLs are supported’. What did I do wrong here?

EDIT: despite the errors I mentioned yesterday seeing within Diederiks app, the app was still able to fetch the generated solar power from SEMS (from both my inverters, within the same SEMS account). So my ‘daily solar revenue’ flow is running again! Me happy! :slight_smile:

Sounds like there are still some bugs (it’s a test version after all). Wondering whether these stem from an instable GoodWe API or the app itself.

@DaveCush77 Could you try the pairing process again? I had the same issue once, but it worked on a second attempt. Will look into fixing it.

I’v tested 4.0.2 for 10 days now. At first attempt got same error @DaveCush77, but with second attempt it worked instantly without errors or warnings. For me it helped to login to the SEMS portal and do a forced logout (just click on ‘logout’) to make sure there were no concurrent sessions.

Since then it worked perfect, except for some time a few days ago, when the SEMS-portal itself experienced login-issues. The tile gave a warning and did not show any readings. The app/tile recovered itself after a while.

Measurements from insights are in line with the figures in the SEMS portal, so that’s ok. I’ve made some flows based on the readings (some lights on/off and notice of daily revenue).

I only have 1 converter, so not been able to test the situation with multiple converters in 1 account.

Except for the issues with the initial pairing, I think it is stable enough for release ?

Keep up the good work @Diederik !

@Joost_van_Kempen Great, thanks! Did the tile give a clear error message? I will first try to figure out a fix for the initial pairing problem, or at least reproduce it.

When connection to SEMS failed, the tile greyed out and gave a red exclamation mark similar to a light or other device that is offline. no code showing or other user-unfriendly messages. For me, that’s the expected behaviour.

Another plus for me is that I never had to re-enter my credentials. Connection restored itself and in 10 days I never re-paired or anything

Hi JonE, care to join your goodwe inverter flow related flows?

Sure. Here it is:

1 Like

Hi Diederik, I’ve tried again several times, including logging out of the SEMS portal via web browser as @Joost_van_Kempen suggested, however I continue to get the error in the screenshot from the earlier post (…“the authorization has expired”…). So far I have not had a successful login. I can confirm the user/pw is correct as using an incorrect credential creates the expected error for such; so the SEMS credentials are correct, just getting stuck on that next page shown in the screenshot. Any other suggestions to try? Thanks for your help, it’s much appreciated.

Just looked into it, think I might have fixed it. Please install v4.0.3 using https://homey.app/a/it.diederik.solar/test/ and try it out. Report back with your findings!

Hi Diederik, for me 4.0.2 was still working, but very curious if it would keep working after an update (and wanted to help testing :smile:).

Well, that didn’t work: after update from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 at first everything seemed ok: tile stayed white, no errors and the meters were there. It was night so all zero. However, they stayed at zero all day. Logging into SEMS portal gave a reading of 1.6kwh of production today. Tapping on the meters it said the readings were 21 hrs old. Restarted the app, restarted homey, re-entered my credentials, still no readings. Re-entered wrong credentials (on purpose): error on wrong credentials.

Had to remove the device and start over to make it work. This also gave a notification ‘the solar panels app has been migrated to homey v3.0. please check your flows’.

I hope this is due to the changes you made in the test version?

The login issue with the new version is solved for me now, but I experience the same issue as @Joost_van_Kempen where there is no data in the tags. But glad the login issue is solved. @Diederik - will the app also support the SOC value? The state of battery charge is a key tag I am keen to get for flows to trigger the cooling). Many thanks

Still no values since update to 4.0.3… Login is correct and no errors, however also no energy… (only a dash)

Logged in to SEMS portal: my solar panels are producing, so from 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 something broke…

@Diederik is it possible for me to use 4.0.2 again? Or does Homey not provide a rollback?

Sorry, something went wrong with version control here and some files were actually reverted in version causing all sorts of things to go wrong. I pushed a working version (v4.0.4) on https://homey.app/a/it.diederik.solar/test/

Please report back with any errors/bugs you find.

1 Like

After logging off from the SEMS Portal app, it is working fine for me. Thanks @Diederik for getting this to work!!

To be clear: after adding the device in Homey, I can log-in again in the SEMS Portal app. The two apps are working in parallel without issues.

A remark about the naming which is not consistent. Energy is actually power (vermogen) and “energiemeter” or “stroommeter” is actually energy. The unit of energy is kWh (with small “k”).

For me working perfectly again!

Working well for me now, thanks so much Diederik for your efforts! Very much appreciated.
Could you share if there are any plans to implement the state of charge reading for solar batteries at any point in the future? Many thanks