Google Home discussion topic (Archived 1)

Hi @seiko thx once again!
Issue 1 was indeed solved by unlinking Homey through that link, and then reconnecting by saying ‘let me talk to Homey’ to the Google home (if I remember well, I linked to Homey last time from within the Google assistant on my phone, which probably is the wrong way).

Issue 2 still happens. Although homey perfectly listens to my commands, Google assistant still mentions that ‘homey isn’t responding at the moment’. If anyone has a brilliant suggestion, please let me know! :+1:

The briljant suggestion is that Athom should take care of these (in my opinion very annoying and major) problems for existing users instead of putting all resources on a 2.0 upgrade in an attempt to get more new buyers. But is has very low attention, that’s for sure.

1 Like

Starting to feel that we might not get this before mid 2019 - as it doesnt feel Athom sees this as a priority.

nah. they know what they doing.

they probably have fewer customers using Google home

Hi,

Let Homey reply to your question by speech, Google Home will get the message and will speak out the reply. I don’t have the problem anymore.

Hi, not sure really what you meant. So you put in the flow that Homey repeats the command you give to him or so?

No, in the last column where you put your action you also add a “voice” action. For instance “Switching on the lights”. That will then be said through your Google Home.

What Peter says. Let homey reply with speech. Google Home will say that message.

How do you make Google home say the message? Something like this?

Yes, that’s the way

Awesome. That’s working.

Does Google home say that message or does it come from homey?

Google home says it. If I remember well.

If the flow is started by/through Homey: Homey says the words.
If the flow is started by/through Google Home: Google Home says the words.

Im using google home alot to control ny house now after the stable homey 2.0 update i cant shut down lamps anymore when i say ask homey to pull off all lights instead off shut them down homey pull all the lights on like i ask ask homey turn all lights on so both off these commands will turn all lights on

is there a way to send commands to google home from homey ?

Could you put some points and comma’s in that blurb of text? No idea what you’re saying right now, sorry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you can go to Settings in the app, scroll down a bit and you’ll see Google Assistant under Integrations.

yes i know that but how to send a message to the home device of google from homey ?

Sorry, misread your question, you want it the other way.
Don’t know about that…