Google Nest SDM

I am assuming you are installing the app and it has not worked.

Google´s view of a App is what you define in google cloud. I think what is going wrong is that during definition of the consent page the publish of the app was not done correctly…(again assuming looking at the content of the message)

I just got the brand new Nest Doorbell and Nest Cam. These don’t seem to be supported? None of them are detected.

Did you logout and login again to authorize access to the new devices or just tried to add a device?

Martin Verbeek

I did a fresh install. Only my Google Hub Max is detected. The Nest Cam and Doorbell (both 2021) don’t show up in the SDM for allowing access to them, only the Hub Max.

BTW the Hub Max doesn’t work, like @Ewen_Le_guennec mentioned earlier in this topic

Hello,i think Google doesn’t included the new doorbell and cam in the Api yet,in the few days/weeks surely😉
And after many manipulations, the Nest max still doesn’t works,he did works the first weeks of the homey app release,and one day stops,it appears in homey but no detection of the camera’s motions

I have a strange problem when I do the last step (log on to Google Nest). I get the message: Something went wrong, please contact the developer. I know this isn’t a problem of the Google Nest SDM, but I cannot seem te figure out what is wrong and maybe someone had the same problem?

Hi Wilco, could you PM me the log from the app when the problem occurs?

Hello Martin,

Thank you for the reply I did send you a DM with the logging!

Google has added support to the API for Battery doorbell and Cam, no change should be needed to the App, can you check if they can be detected now.

You should logout and login again in the app to get authorization to the devices.

I can see the devices in the SDM and added them to homey. So far non of the alarms seem to work. Just like the Hub Max.

At least one part of the platform does it’s thing. Looks like pub/sub is still lacking…

Martin Verbeek

Got it working. The alarms are triggered only if the notifications in Google Home are activated. So the (crappy) solution is turning all the notifications on and then muting them on your phone. If you still want a push notification, you can sent them through homey.

2 Likes

Hello martin,

nice work here but can you help me if i want to add a device i get the 403 forbidden status code

thank you

Hebben de cam en de deurbel ook een eigenschap om de licht sterkte door te geven?

Nee

Nee, die waarde is helaas niet beschikbaar in de api

Martin Verbeek

Dat is heel jammer. Bedankt voor de snelle reactie.

Anyone had to pay for this app?
I receive a email of Google Payments:29€ for October​:rage::rage:
Only flow i have created with this app:when someone press the chime,pause my music…expensive …
I shutdown the project and desinstalled the app!

You have to install 4.0.2, found out that usage of the VisionIO API sometimes incurs cost. 4.0.2 disables that behaviour.

Martin Verbeek

Hi Martin,

Great app! Much appreciated.

The RTSP stream doesn’t seem to work.
I tried opening the RTSP stream (in VLC) coming from the tag but without any success.
Do you have an example where it can successfully be used?