Google Nest SDM

Here the same. There are no updates from de Nest Hello and cannot set the Thermostat trough Homey anymore. The project is active and the Project ID, OAuth client ID and Pub/Sub are correct.
FW 5.0.0
Nest V1.3.3

The log is looking fine… But I cannot see the events at my devices. Last events are from yesterday.

Thanks to the developper for this great app,my doorbell and Nest max cameras are detected and working great with homey😁

Did not do anything since it was not working. But now everything works again.

Hi @Martin_Verbeek hope you are doing fine :slight_smile:
Do you have an ETA on the next update? :slight_smile: Thx.

Hope Protect support might also come, its also working in the homebridge plugin fyi: GitHub - chrisjshull/homebridge-nest: Nest plugin for HomeBridge

Fine! Had some setback on the setup simplification I wanted to do. But currently progressing nicely.
I guess this will release next week.

Things changed

Single login.
Fix for more than 7 devices, pagination issue.
Trying to prevent rate limiting by ignoring same type events that occur within the same second.
Enable cloud resource and service usage API for more control on GCP.
No more need to copy Topic id during setup
Energy fix
No more button on doorbell.
Lots of minor things and cleanup.

Looked at the other implementation, but does not seem to use the official API

Hello I am new and ordererd a homey. Nest was a must for me. And thanks to this I can install it. One question. Is nest secure also possible?

Welcome. Nest secure is not part of the SDM API. I also noticed it has been discontinued by Google.

Are there still people using 1.3.2 of the app? e.g. did not (auto) update to the latest release 1.3.3. If you did, please have it updated to the latest. If you have concerns, please PM me.

Thank you. Looking for a new alarmsystem en sell the nest secure.

For every event of the Nest Hello there is a picture.
Is there a possibility to get the URL of the picture once there is a new event to stream it ?
Or how is such a URL made ?
this is for example an URL that I could find of the last event:
https://192-168-0-15.homey.homeylocal.com/image/1f182a1a-6997-4af8-bdd2-2c25412e951e/image?t=1614960428089

Not sure what you want to do. Could you explain a bit more?

When an event occurs, this image/event url is only valid for 30 seconds, after this you cannot use the url anymore. So what i do is get the image to your local storage, that image is connected to the app-image. You have one image for each type of event for each device. These images are available as tags in flows.

1 Like

I would like to stream the image to my TV

Ok … I found it how to do it :wink:

how did you do that?

Last week I added two nest cams, google hub max and doorbell. Today installed thermostat (learning v3). Unfortunately I cannot add the thermostat. When adding the thermostat It is not found. Logged out and back in but this did not solve the issue. Any ideas?

Hi Paul, how many devices do you have, 4 or more than 4?

I have in total 5 devices. 2 cams, 1 max, 1 doorbel and 1 thermostat.

Found this morning the reason for not being able to add the thermostat. Did log out but forgotten to enable the thermostat when I logged in. Overlooked that setting. Changed the slider and added the thermostat worked fine.

Thanks for the update… Was worried that even 5 devices in some instances would not be detected…

Removed the button/knop capability (have to do it programatically as it a standard capability for the doorbell driver).

Version 2.0.1

WIll be released shortly. Many small changes and a bigger, under the hood, change.

1. Redo of the Setup , now requires one authorize, instead of two in the previous version.
  2. Use of two Google API’s that gives the app more control of the Google cloud functions.
  3. Fix for more than 7 devices, pagination issue.
  4. Trying to prevent rate limiting by ignoring same type events that occur within the same second.
  5. No more need to copy Topic id during setup
  6. Energy fix
  7. No more button on doorbell.
  8. Lots of minor things and cleanup.

When auto update is on, I expect that all will keep functioning :sweat_smile:.

To get the app functioning correctly, it will help if you go into the app setup and do two things.

1. ENABLE the two new API’s by clicking the two buttons and click enable under the Google GCP tab.
  2. Logout and Login again under the GoogleNest tab.

The last two things are especially importing if you updated and see that events are no longer coming in, this will probably be the case for a couple of people that still have version 1.3.2 running and Auto update off.

As usual, PM me if any issues.