[APP][Pro] Gree HVAC app

Gree

This app adds support of Gree compatible HVACs to Homey.

Gree AC logo

Links

Gree app in Homey Apps
GitHub repository

Donation

This app is an Open Source Software developed in free time by one developer.

If you want to thank the author of this app you can use PayPal or Patreon

Supported devices

• Gree Wi-Fi HVACs
  • Argo Wi-Fi HVACs
  • Cooper&Hunter Wi-Fi HVACs
  • Daitsu Wi-Fi HVACs
  • Tosot Wi-Fi HVACs
  • Wilfa Wi-Fi HVACs

This app is tested using Cooper&Hunter Alpha CH-S18FTXE

If you found that your HVAC works and brand is not mentioned above please create an issue to add this brand as compatible

Notes

Fan speed

“Medium Low” and “Medium High” speed modes are not available for 3-speed HVACs

X-Fan

“X-Fan” mode might be turned off automatically by AC in case of switching HVAC mode from Dry and Cool.

That means you need to turn it on manually when switch to Dry/Cool mode if you want to use it.

Vertical swing

“Disabled”/“Default” position means that vertical swing will be stopped and left on the current position.

Translation

Help wanted to verify and update any incorrect translation.

Feel free to create issues/pull requests.

reserved for future

reserved for future use

Finally I will get my two airco’s upcoming weekend. Could you tell me if the connection with Homey is local, or via Chinese servers? Otherwise I will install them on my guest network.

Hey

The plugin works using local connection. The AC and Homey must be in the same IP network, because plugin uses broadcast lookup

1 Like

Thanks for your quick reply! And that’s great, so it’s independent of any server or internet connection. Awesome!

Thanks for making my heat pump talk with Homey.
Now to my issue.
My electrical supplier Tibber, support Homey and offers a pretty advanced algorithm for controlling the heat pump based om room temperature, outside temperature, time and weather forecast. In order to make use of this feature, the pump or app need to report ambient room temperature. Would it be possible to get the app to obtain temperature value from a temp sensor in the same room?

Hi Jostein

Gree HVAC app receives temperature from the internal sensor (if present) of the interior block.

If you see “-” as a current temperature it means that interior block doesn’t report internal temperature.

I don’t know exactly how your Tibber application works, but if you need to have some device which reports temperature from the other device and has possibility to set temperature you could try VThermo app.

Hi! Thanks for the really great app, I use it for my 3 C&H and implemented already a lot of automation.

The only thing I noticed is that Turbo Mode enabling/disabling doesn’t trigger the event and I can’t track this change to start flows.

Please check if there is a way to fix it easily. Thanks!

Hi @vladimir_m

I’m happy to hear that the app is useful for you.

Could you please confirm that you are talking about the section “When” in the flows?
I did a quick look and it seems that all should be fine.

Unfortunately I cannot test it right now with AC.

Hi @aivus,

Yes, this is about the section “When”.

Attached is an example of the flow which is not triggered.

I could participate in debugging or testing if there is a way to do that remotely.

Try to use local tag “Turbo mode” instead of checking mode of the AC itseft.

In the section “And select “Logic” => “Is equal to yes”” and for the tag use tag on the top of the list in the section “Local tags”

Like here: https://homey.app/f/d-Hbov

I decided to create my own variable completely and follow its changes and enabling/disabling turbo mode on all air conditioners depending on it. No the best way comparing to direct mode enabling disabling, but still the solution. Thanks for the idea, @aivus!

Hello
Very great app.
Is it possible to add THAN functions? Increase/decrease the temperature 1celsius?
Thank you

Hello Peter,
I believe you can do it using existing functionality of Homey.

You just need to:

1. Create a variable with type Number and default value 20 in Logic section of settings in Homey app. Let’s call this valiarble AC Temp
  2. In THEN add Logic card with calculate operation to set “AC Temp” with expression: {{Target temperature + 1}} where Target temperature is a tag from AC.
  3. In THEN add Set temperature card for AC with a value from AC Temp variable. Add delay 1 sec due to some issues with execution sequence in Homey.

I’ve prepared some example of flow.
Please ignore the first card in THEN block. it’s not needed actually.

thank you aivus

Very great flow

Great app! Except for the ingoing temperature (shown as -5C) it works great for Innova WiFi HVACs aswell!

//Alex

Nice to hear this.

Does this values(-5) is changing somehow(to -4 or -6)? What is the real temperature in the room?

I have connected my Gree heat pump, but experience two issues:

1. Current temperature shows as 178C(!)As a result of that Homey says it’s cooling down to 24C, although I believe the current room temperature to be about 22*C.

2. When toggling between the different options in the app, I get an error saying that my HVAC went offline and trying to reconnect. Then it reconnects. Happens every couple of seconds, so it’s quite annoying…

Thanks for the app! Hope to get it working more effortless though :slight_smile:

Since new members can only add one image to a post, I had to post the second screenshot here…