GSM Connexion to mobile phone network

To use Homey as an alarm system, Homey should be able to communicate via SMS, i.e. to have a GSM capability, because the internet box might be cut.
Is Athom planning to have such a variant in a near future?

Regards

1 Like

You are correct but I have not found any email address for that !!!

Current Stable release: v2.4.0 | Current Experimental release: v2.4.1 | Support requests: https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new | Feature requests: http://go.athom.com/request-homey-feature

Yes, I made some search on Athom web site and also around, but I have not found anything.
Just send my request to the “feature request” link you posted.
Wait & see.
Thanks

1 Like

I cannot say and doubt homey will anytime soon be serious security device and officially support sms gateway. Nonetheless I use fritzbox as internet router. That router can in case internet is down automatically connect or how we say failover to 3G/4G network using USB modem. I have it like that and it’s working quite good.

I use a MIkrotik home router with LTE USB stick for internet redundancy.

And there is a SMS app for the Homey (using internet gateway). It works fine for me via VoipBuster services.

I couldnt find the exact router with USB entry, can you give us an exact reference?
Is this router automating like if no more signal form internet box than swithc over to 3G SIM in usb?

[quote=“Viking42, post:10, topic:15709”]
I couldnt find the exact router with USB entry, can you give us an exact reference?
Is this router automating like if no more signal form internet box than swithc over to 3G SIM in usb?[/quote]

The LTE stick I use is a. Huawei E3372
I use the Mikrotik RB951G-2HnD as WAN router and have several other mikrotik attached to this one, this one also works as Wlan controller and Dude server.

But, you can do it with all these models: mikrotik routers you can use are hEx, hEx PoE lite, hEX S, hEX PoE, hAP, hAP ac, hAP ac lite.

As standalone I like the hAP ac unit very much, includes dual radio wifi.

But be aware, its not plug and play with mikrotik, they have a steep learning curve, the do work out of the box as home router, but the rest you need to read a lot and do try and error to have it working as you want. They are the most full featured router boxes for there price as far as I know. Community is very helpfull.

In case you are interested in fritzbox then yes it’s automated. In case adsl/vdsl is down it will connect to 3G/4G modem connected to USB. Usually you will find Huawei modems supported. I have Huawei 3131 in stick mode not in that new hilink. Regarding router model most fritzbox vdsl will support usb modem. Everything is plug and play, anyone can set it up. I personally have older one 7360 but newer models also support it. Os behind it is the same actually i.e. this one is ok model 7490