H.O.O.P. (Hope) - Homey Object Oriented Programming

Hey Dennis,

I am not sure exactly what you mean, so i’ll do some explaination and examples.

First of, a Method Group Device is just a way of grouping a lott of flows together.
And Method group devices are just to create Flows with arguments (like Methods/Functions with parameters/arguments in a program)
I have for instance about 20 Notification Flows for which i created a special Notification Method Group device.
If now i want to trigger a notification flow from somewhere, i just add a actioncard/conditioncard from the Notification Methods and my dropdownlist/selectlist will only contain the Notification Flows.

I also have a Overloaded Methods group device in which i have all (other/non-notifications) flows that can be overloaded. Because overloading is enabled for this Method Group Device, in each and every Start Method action/condition-card, all the Method-flows from the Overloaded Methods are shown in the dropdownlist/selectlist, regardless of the required arguments/parameters (just like Overloading in C# for instance).

So, most users will probebly only need to create one or two Method Group devices: one without overloading and perhapds one with overloading.
But if you like me are turning about all posible flows to HOOP flows, you might want more Methods Group devices to group them.

Then i think you question is: how do i start an existing flow with another (extra) trigger?
But that question seemed to be answered in the few post above this one.
H.O.O.P. (Hope) - Homey Object Oriented Programming - Apps - Homey Community Forum (athom.com)
Or are you just trying to copy the same flow and change it?

Can you show me what new flow you created and what you mean with “Because when I create that flow based on the method group device, it does not work unless I deactivate the flow and hoop trigger flows that I made with your help a few days ago.”?

If i understand beter what you are trying to achive and how, i can simulate it and eather show you or find the issue if its not working correctly.

Update released: There are now triggercards (and condition-triggercards) with argument Time.

This way you can have one flow trigger at different times.

Gedeelde Flow | Homey

1 Like

Hi,

I have a question,

I want to create a flow that based on a trigger (roomtemp> 26) and nobody home sends a push notification with confirmation to the first person. If not answered in 60 seconds then send the notification with confirmation to the second person.

Is it possible to call an action or flow that gets terminated after x seconds to continue with the next step?

It is not possible with standard flows. Wpuld it be possible with h.o.o.p.

Ron

Hey Ron,

H.O.O.P. does have a Wait card, in which you can enter an amount of millisecond for the card to wait before continuing with the rest of the Flow (or another).

But i think the issue is the notification-with-confirmation. I don’t believe that one exists, at least i cannot find or know of any way.

But can i asume that you want someone to act upon that first notification (like close the curtain or something to keep the heat out)?

If so, you could check for that “response” and based on the action taken after the first notification ; send a second notification or not.

Hi

Sorry if i was not clear. The push notification is standard in homey. See image. If use the push notification in the AND part you are asked for confirmation.

I have at the moment 2 flows for 2 family members. This is one

Do not know yet how to call a flow and wait. New to h.o.o.p. tried but did not work. Not even only a log message :wink:

Thanks

Thanks

Right, ofc its an conditioncard. Silly me.

But sorry to say, H.O.O.P. is (not yet) your solution.
What you need is a “timeout” card. It is the second next card planned for H.O.O.P., but its not there yet.
The Error on Timeout card will enable you to put a timeout on any conditional card en will through an Error when no response from the condition has been recieved within the allotted time.

The Error you can handle/capture within H.O.O.P. in which you could then send the second notification.

1 Like

Hi Arie & Ron. Someone at FB had the exact same question yesterday.
A future time-out card would do the trick!

Athom (probably) never thought of "If person A ignores or says no to do X, pass it on to person B (or C etc.).

Hi

Thanks for the reply and all your effort. I will await your 2nd card. Curious what the 1st next card will be.

Thanks
Ron (nl)

A debounce card, alowing a flow to execute once after/or only-once-at-start each of x number of seconds.
In effect a lott of people have these kind of flows setup, so a debounce card would work reduce the number of flows people have.

1 Like

Great. Also very usuable…

It is hard to get all the options h.o.o.p
has. Examples help a lot thanks.

Ron

Do you mean “the examples help me a lot, thanks for that”
or
“Can I get some examples somewhere?”
Cheers

Hi

I meant they helped me a lot. But the more the better. :grin:

Especially if you are not a oo programmer. I know the examples on the homey community.

Thanks
Ron

Hi,

I have a question. Why does this action not get triggered.

With normal cards it does work. Am I doing something wrong?

I am running version 1.0.3

Thanks
Ron

Remove the Then and End If card.

And, beter update to version 1.4.0.
Much has been improved.

Hi Arie,

I will try this. The reason why i created this short flow is because my origional flow also does not trigger.

Can you help out what i did wrong here.

https://homey.app/f/-f5A-G

Thanks
Ron

Hi, I updated to 1.4.0 from 1.3.0 and modified my flow to Gedeelde Flow | Homey
but not triggering anything.

could it be a problem with the zone activity and H.O.O.P. ? I do have another flow where I use a virtual device to start the flow there is no problem.

Ron

Afaik at the AND section you should do something like this.
Add a Hoop IF card
Add zone - gang is active card
Add a hoop card THEN
Add your simple log card.

This flow works (tested), it switches a light on/off and writes a log if a zone becomes active / inactive:

Hi Peter,
thanks for your help
I created this flow, but it just does not trigger. What can be wrong

ron

YW, Ron
Your flow looks allright, if your motion sensor state stays ON for at least a few secs that is.
Can you check/test that?