Heating Schedule App

I have a problem with the scheduler.
I use the scheduler in combination with VThermo. Scheduler is set to lower the temperatur during night, and to rise it in the morning. It works well for the night schedule, but seems not to communicate with the VThermo when rising the temperatur in the morning.
Any suggestions to what i should do to get this working?

I have the same issue.

Is the VThermo listed as device inside the heating plan?
Have you activated the zone or single devices inside the plan?

Yes the VThermo is listed inside the plan. Actually I have activated both the zone and the device (VThermo) inside the plan.

I’m using a group device to group the thermostats and this group device is set by heating scheduler to the correct target temperature.
Is your VThermo set correct by flows? I would check this with some test flows to exclude problems with VThermo itself.

I have checked the VThermo with test flows, and they works just fine. Suspect it is the scheduler making the problem. I will try your solution.

Thank you for your help.

Hi. I have issues setting the temperature on my thermostats as well. By only using the predefined temperatures (Night, Economy, Comfort and Comfort Plus) in my schedules the temperatures are actually set on my thermostats, at least for Economy and Comfort Plus. For all other temperatures I can see that the virtual thermostat is set to the correct value, but no temperature updates are sent to the physical thermostats.

Hi, is there always 20 degrees stated in the icon? Or the number changes if the temperature changes?

If I use the action card ‘activate thermostat mode’ and set it to ‘automatic’, the result is that the mode is set to ‘manual’!

So, sending this instruction:

Results in:

I also tried to send the "manual’ action (perhaps manual/automatic were switched in the app), but that does what it is supposed to do. It sets the schedule to ‘manual’.

It’s getting colder and my heating is staring to be used again. Unfortunately, I am having some issues with the Heating Schedule App.

TL:DR
Setpoint schedule is activated but not applied.

Allow me to explain my setup. I have created setpoints schemes in the Heating App, but can’t use the ‘away’ mode, because our household has a couple of users that should trigger the right heating schedule for his room. So, what I have done is create more schedules, for each user. And each user has a ‘user is home’ and ‘user is away’ schedule for his (bath)room.

Here you can see schedules for Tobias:

And I have made flows that switch a schedule ON (and the other OFF)

So, as he is present, the correct schedule is activated and the other schedule is de-activated. This works fine and I get a notification when the schedule switches. Great!

The 'Tobias is home" schedule:

And the “Tobias is away” schedule":

Problem: the correct schedule is activated, but the schedule is not applied to the thermostat!

If Tobias is away, the temperature should be set to 17,5 and if he is home, the other schedule should be activated. The schedules do get set , but the setpoint temperature is NOT applied.

If I restart the App, the correct temperature is set immediately!

I am on Homey v4.2.0
Heating Schedule App v1.2.4 @Markus
VThermo App v1.2.3 @balmli

I have made an extra flow that triggers upon change of the VThermo setpoint. So, this should trigger if Tobias comes home: the correct schedule is switched on and the setpoint changes from 17,5 to the set temperature.

When Tobias is detected as ‘home’ the correct schedule is applied, but the setpoint stays unchanged…

Also strange: the setpoint does not change, but the flow is still triggered:

Which is strange, because the trigger is supposed to only happen if the setpoint changes???

You want a notification on “target temperature changes” right, and not “temperature changes” ? “De ingestelde temperatuur is veranderd”

1 Like

You are right @balmli and that is the tag I use. “Ingesteld” means ‘set’.

The bigger problem is the heating schedule not being applied.

Just a ‘reminder’. I updated Homey to f/w v5.04. Later the heating did not work; I saw that no schedules were loaded in the Heating App (v1.2.4). Fortunately a restart of the App loaded the schemes again.

Just to make sure, I will create a flow that restarts Heating Schedule App after a Homey reboot

Please help. How do I pair a Sonoff thermometer SNZB-02 with a virtual thermostat to control the direct heater. It doesn’t show me the actual room temperature correctly.