Heatit Z-wave app (v2.7.1)

I’ve just uploaded the v2.2.0 version of the Heatit app to the app store, waiting for approval.
Adding support for the Heatit Z-Relay and Z-DIN-616 devices.

If all goes well, v2.2.0 will become the stable release.

Hi
I’m having problems adding a new Heatit Z-Push button 8.
It starts pairing and it ends up with “no compatible homey app has been found for this device, it has been added as a basic Z-Wave device”

I compared it with a friends setup and the only difference i found was the manufacturer ID, mine has ID 816 and is not working, and his ID is 411.
Product type ID, Product ID and firmware is the same.

Do you need to update something to get it to work or can it be something else? trying this on a brand spanking new homey Pro bought a few hours ago.

Also tried with V2.1.2 of your app.

@Vidar_Andersen first of all, welcome to the community!

Are you sure that the brand as shown at the back of the device is matching the brand of this app (Heatit = 411)?

Here is a picture of the backside of the device, and in the next post a picture of the box / manual that came with it.

(can only post 1 image per post since im a new user…)

That’s strange…
The box and manual show the Heatit branding, while the device itself is Sunricher branded…
which corresponds to the manufacturer ID (816). Really strange.

That’s weird. maybe drop by the store tomorrow and check the other boxes?
And ask them about it.

Quick update, went to the store and opened a few of the Z-Push boxes and all where Sunricher branded.
We then called Thermo-floor and they said that they where now also using the Sunricher brand in the new boxes they are sending out, but they would make a note of it and said that they will ask for the firmware to be changed so it identifies as a heatit brand.
So that will probably take some time…

If anyone has any tip how I can add my Z-Water into Homey I would be a happy man. I explained my problem a few posts up. Basically when I try to add it through the app, it just spins for a while and says no device found. When I try it again, it says device already added. If I reset the device I can try again, but the same thing happens every time :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t have this device, but I have had similar problems with others.

If you get “device already added”
In the app, try this( do not reset the device if it is already added)
Gå til more-> settings->zwave-> remove zwave devices. Press, and activate the inclusion/exclusion procedure of the device.
Then try to add it again. ( sometimes you have to do this more times before it’s appear in the app.

Some devices have very short range during the inclusion, move the homey as close as possible.

In developer page:
If you have more devices in the zwave network that are there because you have reset the device before exclusion, they should be removed to prevent problem in the mesh network.

Do you remove Zwave device in settings - Zwave between each attemt?

I’m having issues with the TRM2fx. After I installed it the first time Homey lost connection to it after a couple of days. Had to remove it from Homey and do a reset on the TRM2fx and pair them with Homey again, this time with the v2.1.2 beta.
Unfortunatly it lost connection again after a couple of days.

Might this be an issue with the thermostat itself or with the Heatit “driver” for Homey?

I had similar problems with my Heatits. All 7 was loosing connection over a week.
For me this worked:

Problem:
My 7 Heatit TRM2fx all lost connection with the Homey within 36h.

The solution was to change the parameters:

Temperature report interval (s) from default 60 to 3600
Meter report interval(s) from 60 to 32000

My conclusion is that the frequent communication of the Heatits overloaded the z wave net sometimes.

1 Like

Hi all,

I have a test setup with 3 thermostats and some fibaro wall plugs sensors etc.

Also losing contact while the nodes are connected to Homey when hitting test. There is no data coming in and commands do not work.

This happens to random thermostats after a few hours so it does not seem distance related. Temp reporting is also hit and miss after pairing and resetting.

Setting on interval are changed as suggested but this does not help on all. They also seem to disturb the otherwise healthy network.

All apps and firmware up to date. Any other tips?

Hi!

When you loose connection, prior of this, do you in a flow adjust all thermostats at the same time? I have experienced that setting a delay in the flows helps. My hypothesis is that the Heatits are overloading the network, and that a delay helps spreading the “load”. But I am a pure noobe with homey and Z wave…

Best regards Arnfinn

Thanks for the reply!

I am trying out a schedule with the scheduler app but on 3 thermostats (Heatit TRM2fx) it hardly seems like a heavy load?

I can reset and add the 3 thermostats without pushing any flows. They do seem to interfere with the network. Any experience with different controllers?

I applied these settings a soon resetted it the last time. Didn’t seem to help. :frowning:

Hmm…

Looks like my settings. Did you check out the Developer page and try to “Test” or “Heal” the nodes?
Does the Heatits work for some time after inclution?

Arnfinn

Hi guys,

Recently bought the Heatit Z-TRM2fx and a electrician installed it for me. I was wondering if anyone has had any similar experience when pairing it with homey? I have the beta version of the app installed.

When I try pairing it with Homey the Thermostat displays “Inc” which means it has been included. However, at the same time in the homey app the message is stuck at Please wait while your device is being added… and after waiting a minute or two i get the message No Z-Wave device was found

I’ve tried

1. When I try adding the device to the homey again (since it does not appear in the app) I get the error message that the device is already included.
  2. I’ve excluded the device and tried including it again.
  3. Resetting the Thermostat to factory settings and adding it again, same issue.
  4. Reinstalling the application.
1 Like

Yep, it works for about 3-4 days after inclusion. Will have to try the heal thing thou.

Which firmware are you running on your trm2fx?
(I’m using 3.4)