Heatit Z-wave app (v2.7.1)

Heatit Z-wave thermostat for electrical floor heating

This app adds support for devices made by Heatit controls.

Links:

Heatit Z-wave app Athom apps
Heatit Z-wave app Github repository

Devices supported:

Heatit Z-wave thermostat (TF-021)

The Heatit Z-Wave thermostat is an electronic thermostat for flush mounting in a standard wall box for regulating electric floor heating. The thermostat has a built-in Z-Wave chip that can be connected to Home Automation systems like Homey.

The following triggers are supported:

• Thermostat mode has changed
  • Thermostat mode has changed to
  • The temperature has changed
  • The target temperature has changed

The following action cards are supported:

• Set the temperature (of current thermostat mode)
  • Set the thermostat mode
  • Set the setpoint of a thermostat mode

Heatit Z-TRM2(fx) (TF 033 & TF 056)

The Heatit Z-TRM2 Z-Wave thermostat is an electronic thermostat for flush mounting in a standard wall box for regulating electric floor heating. The thermostat has a built-in Z-Wave chip that can be connected to Home Automation systems like Homey.

• Thermostat mode has changed
  • Thermostat mode has changed to
  • The temperature has changed
  • The target temperature has changed
  • Thermostat turned on / off

The following conditions are supported:

• Thermostat is on / off

The following action cards are supported:

• Set the temperature (of current thermostat mode)
  • Set the thermostat mode
  • Set the setpoint of a thermostat mode

Heatit Z-Push button-2

The Heatit Z-Push Button 2 can control 1association group with up to 5 products or 4 scenarios through Homey.

• Button Pressed 1x
  • Button Pressed 2x
  • Button held down
  • Button released
  • Any button pressed (including tokens)

In addition, by adding the NodeID in the corresponding association groups, the Z-Push Button 8 can directly control Z-wave switches / dimmers.

Heatit Z-Push button-4

The Heatit Z-Push Button 4 can control 1 association group with up to 5 products or 4 scenarios through Homey.

• Button Pressed 1x
  • Button held down
  • Button released

In addition, by adding the NodeID in the corresponding association groups, the Z-Push Button 4 can directly control Z-wave switches / dimmers.

Heatit Z-Push button-8

The Heatit Z-Push Button 8 can control up to 4 separate association groups (onoff and dim) with up to 20 products or up to 16 scenes through Homey.

• Button Pressed 1x
  • Button Pressed 2x
  • Button held down
  • Button released

In addition, by adding the NodeID in the corresponding association groups, the Z-Push Button 8 can directly control Z-wave switches / dimmers.

Heatit Z-Water

Heatit Z-Water is a DIN-rail regulator for controlling hydronic heating.

• All 10 relays can be controlled independently

Heatit Z-DIN-616

The Heatit Z-DIN 616 is a 6 x 16A potential free relays for DIN rail mounting.

• The 6 independent relay switches of the Heatit Z-DIN 616 can freely be controlled from the Z-Wave network and be used for many different purposes
  • The 6 digital inputs can be connected to dry contacts, e.g. limit switches, door/window contacts, or push-buttons.

Heatit Z-relay

The Heatit Z-Relay multipurpose relay module can be used for many different applications.

• The relay has three inputs: analog or digital. You can use both analog and digital inputs, or a combination.
  • Heatit Z-Relay is a multipurpose product and can be used for the following applications: Boiler control / Leakage control / Temperature control / Outdoor applications

Heatit Z-dim

Z-Wave rotary dimmer for different light sources. The LED dimmer dims at low load without the light flickering. Dimmer LED from 1-200VA, 230V halogen and incandescent bulbs, dimmable LED drivers and electronic transformers. Not affected by additional starting currents. Need L + N conductor connected.

The dimmer has end-turn function. This allows you to turn on the light and dimming with one dimmer, and then turn off the light with another dimmer. Convenient for example in stairs and corridors.

The dimmer fits into standard Elko, Schneider Exxact and Gira System 55 frame systems.

Supported Languages:

• English
  • Dutch

Acknowledments:

This app and driver development is currently supported by:

• The alpha release testers (much appreciated): @NPeters, @dbonsaksen and @d.janssen

• Robbshop by providing a thermostat for debugging:

• Heatit by providing the required devices / documentation:

Any requests please post them in the [APP] Thermo-Floor app: Z-wave thermostat for electrical heating - Main discussion topic (v1.0.0) — Athom Forum Archive Thermo-Floor app topic on the Athom Forum or contact me on Slack

If possible, please report issues at the issues section on Github otherwise in the above mentioned topic.

Contributions

If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution

1 Like

Changelog:

• Add support for the Z-Smoke AC Smoke Detector device

• Add support for the Z-TEMP2 Thermostat device
  • Update Thermostat device driver library

• Add support for the Z-TRM3 Thermostat device
  • Add Meter Reset maintenance action for Z-TRM2fx, Z-Dim and Z-relay
  • Update Homey meshdriver to v1.3.23

v2.4.2

• Add support for the Z-Push button 4 device
  • Update app for new app store
  • Update Homey meshdriver to v1.3.21

2.4.1 (BETA), Homey SW ≥2.4.0

• Finalize app and drivers for ‘Energy’ (Homey 3.0.0)
  • Update Homey meshdriver to v1.3.14

v2.4.0 (BETA), Homey SW ≥2.4.0

• Add support for Heatit Z-Dim rotary dimmer
  • Update Homey meshdriver to v1.3.9

v2.3.0 (BETA), Homey SW ≥2.4.0

• Fix S2 security handshake issues with Z-TRM2fx, Z-water and Z-Relay that result in Z-wave network stability issues by forcing non-secure inclusion.
    • All users experiencing stability issues with the Z-TRM2fx, Z-Water and Z-Relay devices are advised to upgrade to v2.3.0 and remove and re-include their devices based on the v2.3.0 version
  • Removed Homey 1.x.x mobile interface (obsolete)
  • Add insights logging for the Thermostat state capability
  • Prepared app and drivers for ‘Energy’ (Homey 3.0.0)
  • Update Homey meshdriver to v1.3.6

v2.2.1

• Fix issue not being able to include the Heatit Z-push button 2 and Z-push button 8 devices
  • Z-TRM2(fx) changed default temperature- and meter-reporting interval from 60 to 900 seconds to prevent Z-wave network lock-up

v2.2.0

• Add support for the Heatit Z-relay device
  • Add support for the Heatit Z-DIN-616 device
  • Update branding of the app

v2.1.2 (BETA)

• Fix temperature reporting issues for Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92), Z-TRM2(fx) and Z-Water
    Note: This fix only works as of Homey SW 2.0.5 ([Z-Wave] Reports from nodes with unknown Command Classes can now be read) and will not be implemented in Homey SW 1.5.x
    Note : Please follow the steps mentioned below to fix the temperature reporting :
    • For already paired devices:
      1. Go to advanced settings, and replace (add if not existing) Homey’s ID 1 with 1.1 in the following association groups used for the temperature reporting:
        • Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92): Group 3, 4 and 5
        • Z-TRM2(fx): Group 2 and 3
        • Z-Water: Group 11, 12, 13 and 14
      2. For the thermostats, change in the Device specific settings (Sensor settings group), the ‘Displayed temperature’ to the sensor connected (default: floor sensor)
      3. Save settings
    • Alternative option is to remove and re-include the device based on v2.1.2 of the app and Homey SW version > 2.0.5
  • Add temperature changed flow cards for Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92), Z-TRM2(fx) and Z-Water
  • Update to meshdriver v1.2.32

v2.1.1 (BETA)

• Add support for the Z-Water regulator
  • Update to meshdriver v1.2.30
  • Note : due to an S2 issue within the Homey Z-wave core, the measured temperatures are not reported for the Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92) and Z-TRM2(fx) thermostats as well as the Z-Water regulator. When this will be resolved, it is likely that the thermostat will need to be re-included

v2.1.0 (BETA)

• Add support for the Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92)
  • Add support for the Z-TRM2(fx) thermostat
  • Add all remaining settings for the thermostats
  • Add Power Regulator Mode action card for the Z-wave thermostat (use at own risk)

Note: due to an issue within the Homey Z-wave core, the measured temperatures are not reported for the Z-wave thermostat (FW 1.92) and the Z-TRM2(fx) thermostats. When this will be resolved, it is likely that the thermostat will need to be re-included

v2.0.2

• Add support for the Z-Push button 2 and Z-Push button 8 devices
  • Minor (cosmetical) modifications to make the app Homey SW v2.0.0 compatible

v2.0.1

• Add thermostat onoff state trigger- and condition cards

v2.0.0

• SDK2 rewrite of the ThermoFloor / Heatit app
  • SDK2 rewrite of the Multireg / Heatit Z-Wave thermostat device driver
  • Update to meshdriver v1.2.28

Note: unfortunately, the set thermostat mode action card will be set to “comfort” mode after this update. The action card will need to be updated manually.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Create link between the Heatit Z-TRM2fx thermostat and a (Z-Water) relay device:

There are 2 options to link the Heatit Z-TRM2fx to one of the Z-Water relays:

• Using flows, with additional logic, within Homey: the easiest to setup and possible to link to any device (independent of protocol), but will add a minor delay (will not matter in most setups)
  • via direct associations between the Heatit Z-TRM2fx and the Z-Water relays: direct communication between the two devices on the same network, without involvement of Homey

How to setup:

Option A. Using flows within Homey

Create the following 2 flows (basic setup):

1. Create the first flow to switch on the relay when the Z-TRM2fx goes into active state
    WHEN… “Thermostat turned on” (Z-TRM2fx thermostat)

THEN… “Turn on” (Z-Water Relay x)
  2. Create the second flow to switch off the relay when the Z-TRM2fx goes into idle state
    WHEN… “Thermostat turned off” (Z-TRM2fx thermostat) THEN… “Turn off” (Z-Water Relay x)

By using the logic of Homey’s flows, you can easily expand the flows with adding additional conditions to only turn on the heater when someone is at home.
In that case, you could:

1. Create the first flow to switch on the relay when the Z-TRM2fx goes into active state
    WHEN… “Thermostat turned on” (Z-TRM2fx thermostat)
    AND… “Someone is at home” (invert the “Nobody is at home” of Presence"

2. Create a third flow:
    WHEN… “The first person came home”

AND… “Themostat is on” (Z-TRM2fx thermostat)

You’re all set. Relay 8 of the Z-Water should now switch on when the Z-TRM2fx thermostat changes to the active state, and switch off when the thermostat goes into idle state.

Notes:

• “Z-Water Relay x” can in this example be any device Homey is able to control: Z-wave / Zigbee / 433Mhz / Wifi
  • Adding additional logic is only possible by using Homey’s flows. This is not possible with Direct associations

Option B. Direct association (Z-wave)

Direct associations are commands send from one Z-wave device to another based on predefined Command Classes.

For correct setup:

• both devices need to be in the same Z-wave network (share the same controller) and need to have the same security state (secured / non-secured).
  • Considering the S2 security issues with the Z-TRM2fx and the Z-Water, it is highly recommended to re-include both devices non-securely based on the BETA branch of the Heatit app (> 2.3.0 release).

To setup the right association between both devices

1. Lookup the Device ID of the Z-water regulator by going to device settings > Advanced settings > Z-wave Device Information > Device ID. In this example I will assume Device ID is 128
  2. The individual relays can be controlled by sending a command to the corresponding endpoint of the Z-water regulators Device ID. So relay 1 corresponds to endpoint 128.1, relay 2 corresponds to 128.2, so relay x corresponds to 128.x
  3. To setup the correct direct association, go to the device settings of the Z-TRM2fx thermostat you’d like to control that specific relay: Z-TRM2fx thermostat > device settings > Advanced settings > Associations > Group 4
  4. Add the desired endpoint to Group 4. You should not remove the 1 which is already present; so if you want to add relay 1 of the Z-water device with Device ID 128, update the content of Group 4 to 1,128.1 (no space in between).
  5. Press <Back to go back to the advanced settings, the association groups should look like:
  6. Press :heavy_check_mark: at the top right of the screen (next to the Advanced settings title) to save the associations

You’re all set. Relay 1 of the Z-Water should not switch on when the Z-TRM2fx thermostat changes to the active state, and switch off when the thermostat goes into idle state.

How do I add other devices to the association groups of the Heat-it Z-push button devices

According to the manual:

Set association by operating primary controller/gateway to send association command to the remote control:
When set association from primary controller/gateway, the remote control shall be activated first, if it is not activated, you should activate it manually.
The primary controller/gateway sends association command to the remote control using “Command Class ASSOCIATION” or “Command Class Multi Channel Association”

It all comes down to timing of the actions… Since the device will only be awake (able to receive new settings) for 5 seconds.
Otherwise the changed settings should be communicated with the next wake-up, which could take up to 28800 seconds (wake-up interval).

Follow the next steps to create a direct association between Z-push button and another device in Homey’s network:
in Z-wave developer tools:

1. Open the Z-wave developer tools at: Homey Developer Tools
  2. Enable logging and filter on Node[151]: Marked as o where 151 is the node ID of the Z-push button device
  3. Press and hold the ‘I’ and ‘O’ of group 2 (upper rockers) for 3 seconds; you now should see a ‘Node[151]: Marked as online’ log followed by a ‘Node[151]: Marked as offline’ log 5 seconds later
  4. Look-up the Node ID of to be associated device, visible in the Nodes overview on the same page, in this example 221 (a Fibaro Dimmer-2)

in the Homey app:

1. Open the device settings of the Z-push button device, go to Advanced settings
  2. In the Advanced settings, go to the associations section and check which button group you want to add the Fibaro Dimmer-2 to. Upper rockers = Group 2
  3. Add the node ID of the Fibaro Dimmer-2 (221) to the the desired group, in this example add 221 to Group 2
  4. press ‘< Advanced settings’ to go back to the Advanced settings
  5. Here comes the tricky part; keep an eye on the filtered Z-wave log and press and hold the ‘I’ and ‘O’ of group 2 (upper rockers) for 3 seconds to wake-up the Z-push button.
  6. Once you see the ‘Node[151]: Marked as online’ in the Z-wave log of the developers tools, press the check mark at the top right side of the Advanced settings to save the settings to the device
  7. if the timing is right, you should see the green banner: ‘Settings were saved

And you should be able to control the dimmer-2 from the Z-push button device

in Z-wave developer tools:

1. in the (unfiltered) Z-wave log, you can verify that the command was send successfully:
    Node[151]: sendData to COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION, params 0x0102dd
    Here: the ‘params’ can be devided into: 01 = SET, 02 = Group 2, dd = 0xdd = 221
2 Likes

Hi!

First of all, great app @TedTolboom ! Works perfectly.
Just wondering if there will be support for the Z-therm2 any time soon? I have purchased 5 units (have 1 unit of the first generation) that I am not able to connect to Homey :-/
I will be happy to contribute to your PayPal!

@Dais Thanks!
The ThermoFloor / Heat-it app is my last SDK1 app.
Before extending it with new products, I will need to convert it to SDK2; it doesn’t make sense to define new drivers on a SDK version that is no longer supported.

Thermostats are one of the more difficult drivers to setup, because it involves quite some device specific logic that needs to be embedded into the driver…

I just finished creating a SDK2 version of a Z-wave thermostat for the Remotec ZXT-120 and ZXT-600, which I created with the ThermoFloor / Heat-it thermostat in mind. It should be possible to re-use 95% of the code for these devices.

So first I will need to re-write the existing app to SDK2 version, before I will be able to extend the support for additional devices. Coarse timeline I have in mind is to finish the SDK2 re-write in September and add support for the remaining devices (Z-therm / Z-scene controller) in October (before the winter starts)…

4 Likes

Dear @ TedTolboom,

I just bought TRM2 and tried to pair with Homey but no luck. I think I’m doing something wrong. Can you please help me with the advice?

Hi @Yermek,
You are not doing something wrong. The TRM2 is currently not supported yet by this app.
See my previous comment on expected timeline.

1 Like

Hi @TedTolboom October sounds very soon! Thanks a lot. I will donate to support your work.

Also eagerly waiting for the Heatit Z-scene controller support! Happy to donate to support your work for it. With limited technical expertise, I doubt I have anything to contribute with, but let me know if there are anything you need @TedTolboom to speed up the process :slight_smile:

Thermofloor/HeatIt have several new devices in their portfolio now: Z-trm2, Z-Relay, Z-Water, Z-Din616 and Z-Scene Controller. All these devices are, to my knowledge, available now.

Several devices have been added to their portfolio, but not all are already available.
The Z-TRM2 is delayed due to a certification issue, as communicated last week.
https://www.heatit.com/heating-control/floor-heating-thermostats/heatit-z-trm2/

Any support / contribution is much appreciated…

As indicated before, I will first need to convert the existing app to SDK2 basis, verify that it is working correctly before being able to extend the support for additional devices.

In order to add support for the other devices, I will need to get access to these devices myself for local debugging. Remote debugging (without VPN connections and direct sight to the device) is not possible.
Thermostats but also the multi-relay devices, typically have their own unique way of control logic, that I will need to embed in the device driver.

I will get in contact with ThermoFloor (development) to see if they can support this app development with providing access to these devices.

Yes Ted, it came to my attention that Thermofloor had withdrawn the Z-Trm2 recently. To my knowledge this is due to some S2 issues which preventes devices from being added in n secure-mode. This is not only a problem with ZTrm2 but with Z-Water as well.

I have recently ordered 2 pieces of heatit trm2, will there be any issue with thoose and future update with support of app? Seems to be firmwire related with trm2, and nothing easy to do my self.

@Sejkooz I don’t know the background of the issue that is blocking certification of the Z-trm2.

I know that the Z-wave alliance recently raised the requirements regarding security measures regarding certification. Which could be the reason, but this is speculating.

Due to the (multi-version) Z-wave implementation of Homey, I think it will have a real impact and both versions will be compatible with the Homey (app).

1 Like

A brief update on adding the additional devices.

I’m in close contact with ThermoFloor to setup a collaboration to support these device implementations.
But this will be depending on the device certification by the Z-wave alliance.

So we’ll have to wait until the devices are certified, unfortunately.

In the meantime, I’m rewriting the current app to SDK2 base.

6 Likes

Do you think this issue will be solved by the end october? Winter is coming :slight_smile:

@Yermek I can’t comment on timelines of ThermoFloor or involved third parties (Z-wave alliance).

Even if the devices and certified firmware would be available now, it would be quite some work to add support for these devices… so likely end of October will not be feasible.

Once I have more information, I will share it in this topic.

1 Like

@ TedTolboom got it! will wait.

Luckily enough the Z-TRM2 can be controlled by itself :wink:
Wouldn’t want to have community members freezing…

I am ready to order a trm2.

I could have it send to you, im still building my bathroom so i can miss it for another month.
Is that an option? :smile:

I rather have it implemented and working, than on manual and when my bathroom is done it isnt implemented :slight_smile:

Contact me if you want

1 Like