Heiman smoke detector

Stil it linked, but it is a button you can turn off and on but does not doe anything, no decent flows to create no tempature to read from. Useless in this state.

Did the Z-Wave Heiman smoke- and CO detectors finally get supported in this app? Cannot seem to find it (or I am searching for the wrong app).
The Heiman app doesn’t work too well in my case (Homey does not return the sensors to a normal state), and the devoloper in not reachable).
So was hoping that this app could help me out…

I have 8 and they work fine. Pressing the button sounds the beeps, triggers a flow and sends a push and they return to normal non alert state directly after that.

That sounds promising, @PetervdK!
You connected them with the Heiman app?
And in what way? Directly from within the Heiman app of by a general Z-Wave device? (While the Heiman app is installed?)

I have 3 of them. Sometimes they do not return to a “not alarm” state after testing. Simple solution: press the button again and the state reverts to normal.

I have to say: I think they are pretty reliable. And it’s great that you can test them with the button instead of real smoke such as the Fibaro’s. Batteries seem to last longer too…

Installed them with the Heiman app. But if you have the app installed, Homey should automatically choose the correct driver from the app, even if you add it by generic z-wave.

Testing with the button just tests the battery and the connection with Homey. It doesn’t say anything about the proper working of the smoke detection itself. So be aware that this is a false indication of safety…
There is only one way to check if a smoke sensor is working correctly and that is with smoke…

Seems solved now, everything is working fine!
Thx all!

1 Like

Which app did you use? Can I use the app also for Z-wave?

I have one Z-wave Heiman smoke detector, but homey says that the smokedetector still is in alarm mode. Don’t know how to reset it.

Did you already tried to push the Test-Button.

Yes. What I did, I tested it with real smoke, alarm goes off and I did tick on the test-button. No it is saying that its off. So looks like it’s working.

I added the device as a general Z-Wave device, while the Heiman app was installed.
Now the detectors work as should, alarms disappear after a few seconds.

Son’t know if this has really helped, or if I was lucky, but still…

Like i said, the Heiman app: https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.heiman/Heiman/
It is for Z-wave (only).

Is the zigbee version now available ?

Also waiting for the Zigbee version.
Is someone working on it?
Thank you in advance,

The smoke sensor can only be added once Homey is supporting the required Zigbee clusters (we assume part of the Zigbee rewrite); no planning available when they will release this update, but some say soon

Ok thank you very much for your answer :slight_smile:

Does anyone know about update of the zigbee core or zigbee Heiman support? It is taking way to long now :-1::cry:

@TedTolboom dont dear to already ask, but is the new update creating a chance that we can connect these smokesensors ??

1 Like