Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

New version published.

Version 2.1.0

• Added User Management

It’s been a bit quiet around Heimdall for a while, but I have great news! In this new version I’ve introduced User Management. Wow, great news, what can I do with it You’ll ask, and the answer is… Well, nothing useful yet!
This new functionality makes it possible to use physical keypads with Heimdall but there are no apps yet for keypads that use this functionality.
Yet that is. I’m currently working on finalising an app that will let you add a full blown Alarm Keypad to your Homey and this will integrate with Heimdall. You’ll need no flows, just create users, configure some settings to your likings and you’re done!

Q: How do I setup my users?
A: Open the Heimdall settings and click on Users. When it’s the first time you open this tab you can create your first users, when you’ve been there before you will need to provide a PIN.

Your first user will always be Administrator and can never be Disabled or Deleted. All other users can be Administrator, and can be Disabled or Deleted.
Each user that is not an Administrator can go into the Users tab and change it’s own PIN but will not be able to change other settings or see other Users.

After saving you will see the Users List and you can create more users by clicking on + Add user.
When you want to edit an existing user, simply click on > next to the users name.

Are you a developer and would like to know how to make an app capable of utilising this functionality or just interested in how this works, have a look at the Heimdall Wiki page on Github.

9 Likes