Homey Community Forum

Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

app
security
official

Hello.

I have a Problem. I want to Trigger some actions on change of the surveilance Mode.

The Mode Changes but No push.

One new finding.
I have changed my flow and now it is working.

Can some one explain it to me?

Hi @Baschtl Yes, I can.

The The state changed card is created automatically by Homey because the device has the home_alarm capability. This is unwanted however because it only represents the state of the device, While the actual Surveillance Mode can be different due to an Arming Delay for example.
In Homeys firmware before 2.0, capabilities were related to specific device types but this has changed. Now a capability can be used on any device type. That’s unfortunate for Heimdall however because it specifically uses the device type other for the Surveillance Mode Switch so no default flow cards are created for the device.

In short: The The state changed trigger card should not be used, use the Surveillance Mode changed trigger card. (Like you did in your second post :+1:)

I will see if I can prevent the default card being created.

Sorry, still doesn’t work with that type of sensor. If I make a flow without Heimdall in the “When” box and just the sensor itself detects motion, Push works flawlessly.

Very strange. Could you make sure you’ve installed Heimdall version 2.0.2 (which is available since yesterday evening) stop and restart Heimdall and after a minute or 2 go to More - Apps in the Homey app and select Heimdall . Then click on the cogwheel in the upper right corner, click on Create Diagnostics Report and inform me so I can have a look at it.

Can you also post a screenshot of the devices tab from the Heimdall settings?

New version published

Version 2.0.3

• Small change in write to Timeline functionality

The Write to Timeline functionality for a situation in which a sensor triggered a Delay towards an Alarm Activation is moved to the actual Alarm Activation.
Thanks for reporting this @Hannes85

I love Heimdall, good job!!

I just have a question regarding the countdown: Is it possible to cancel it?

For example I arm via RDID Chip and forgot something and wanna cancel arming. I use the RFID again and the mode changes to disarmed. BUT the countdown still goes on.

Can someone help me what I’m doing wrong?
Own the Homey now for a week and always get stuck.
There is version 2.0 on the Homey

Want to make a simple security.
The alarm button must be white if the alarm is on and off if it is gray.

Have a motion sensor and this should send a message to my phone if it registers a movement.

White alarm button is default for Homey v2. If an alarm is active, an additional icon is shown. Press and hold to check more details of the alarm and store detail screen to the right for a button to cancel the alarm.

Thanks @jc82517

Are you using the Set Surveillance Mode action card from the Surveillance Mode Switch?

When that card is used a Arming Delay will be stopped when setting it to Disarmed.

Hello @J_Pouwels,

The Alarm Off Button is to disable the Alarm State not to (partially) Arm the system, you need to use the Surveillance Mode Switch for that as per instructions in the opening post.

That’s fixed in 2.0.4 which awaits approval by Athom.

New version published

Version 2.0.4

• Prevent creation of default flow cards for Surveillance Mode Switch
  • Added examples to flowcard tags
  • Code cleanup

Homey V2 automatically created flow cards based on only a capability, This resulted in creation of trigger-, condition- and action cards on the Surveillance Mode device which were unwanted. This version prevents these cards from being created but also removes cards that were created before so please check your flows for missing cards!

Couple of questions;

1. The device has not reported in 24 hours, is there a way to keep it from spamming the logs?

2. I cannot find the clear logs button anymore?

3. Why am i seeing these two events and what is the difference? It happens when i leave the geofence;

**11:25:56.186 **

Armed

Flowcard

Surveillance mode is armed.

And then 5 minutes later;

**11:29:15.223 **

Armed

Surveillance Mode Switch

Surveillance mode is armed.

Same on entering, I see two events. Dont think ive seen this behavior in 1.5

Hi @Hannes85,

Devices that have not communicated in the last 24 hours will always be reported to the History View on the Dashboard, the only way to keep them from creating a line would be to make them communicate.

The Clear History button is currently hidden, when starting the rewrite for Homey 2.0 I hide that button and also the Download button. Now that most technical issues are solved I will look into improving the UI/UX and bringing it back. In the mean time, you don’t have to worry about the History filling up your Homey however, Heimdall will make sure it doesn’t grow to larger than 2000 lines.

I can’t really tell why you see 2 events when leaving the geofence. The first is from a flow card so I suppose it’s a flow you made that is triggered by someone leaving, the second appears to be from using the Surveillance Mode switch.
Do you have an Arming Delay configured?
Can you send a Diagnostic Report and inform me when this happens again?

Thanks danee for the detailed reply, this truly helps in Understanding.

Ive sent you the diagnostics per Pm. I have no delayed arming. Maybe the homeykit app does something quirky? Because I have a surveillance mode switch there? Not that I touched it but a refresh (on opening HomeKit on the phone) in homekit could be the only thing causing this i think…

Keep up the amazing work!

i cant clear the log 2.0.4 of heimdall on my android phone in v2 , i dont see the clear buttun which was available on homey v1 settings ? in the nox player idont see the log at all

You only have to Look Up two posts to get your answer…

New version published

Version 2.0.5

• Improved settings user interface
  • Code cleanup

Made a start with improving the settings user interface, made it a bit cleaner and more consistent in style. Also removed some old V1 code.