Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Hi @Frans_Keeman, Just to be sure, do you want to deactivate the Alarm State or do you want to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed so the Alarm State will not be activated when entering the house?

If you want to deactivate the Alarm State you can do 3 things. 1st one is to (short) press the Alarm Off Button, the 2nd one is to (short) press the Surveillance Mode Switch (which is the new functionality) and the 3rd one is to do it with a flow. You can choose anything you want in the When… column. This could be the click of a button or anyone coming home (which requires a reliable presence detection)

If you want to set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed there are again several options, either long press on the Surveillance Mode Switch and select Disarmed or create a flow with the Set Surveillance Mode card from the Surveillance Mode Switch in the Then… column and choose whatever trigger you like in the When… column. (Pressing a button, coming home etc.)

example

(When the Surveillance Mode is set to Disarmed an active Alarm State will be set to Deactivated so no need to set the Alarm State separately)

I guess you mean that deactivating the Alarm State will leave the Surveillance Mode in the state it is?
This is by design, if you want to do set the Surveillance Mode to Disarmed on deactivating an Alarm State you have to make a flow like this

I don’t know what you do when the Alarm State is activated (Flashing lights, playing a sound through a speaker, activate a Sirene etc) but to stop all that create a flow triggered by the The alarm is deactivated card and do the opposite of the flow you trigger with the The alarm is activated card.

Thank you very much!

Hoi Danee,

It is still dificult to explain it properly in english so some pics will help i hope.
I have added the 2 buttons , mode and state
Knipsel

then i made flows to set the proper mode

when a sensor now triggers the alarm i have a flow

need two pics as the flow is to long

Now the alarm is activated en the the sirens make a lot of noise.
Now i want to cancel the alarm (deactiveren) with the button you made for it

If i press this button nothing happens accept that homey says the alarm is cancelled (geannuleerd).
my question is how do i cancell the alarm when the sirens are making noise (activated)

I have made now an extra button
with this flow

same here pics to long for one snip, its one flow

now this works, however i understood that if the alarm is activated(sirens go on) that i can deactivate the alarm with this button

so i need a connection between my flow and this button image

maybe its easier now to understand what my question is

Thanks for this information. So i can remove this card

Yes you can :+1:

Yes, the screenshots help.
Let me first explain what happens when you (short) press the Alarm Off Button or the Surveillance Mode Switch: Heimdall doesn’t do much more that trigger the The alarm is deactivated card. That’s it, nothing more nothing less.

So, in your alarm resetten na alarm flow replace the trigger card Er is op de knop gedrukt with the The alarm is deactivated card and remove the Deactivate Alarm card in the Then… column:

example:

(btw, check out this topic to see how to show the When… And…_ and Then… column next to each other to make flows better readable)

ahhhhh finally got it. The translation is putting me on the wrong leg every time.
Also i am making it more dificult than it is. Thanks so much.

o and thanks also for the note! Will check this out, was wondering who they did this. :frowning:

1 Like

Danee one final question, what does the term “listen to manipulation messages” mean.
Its an option in the setting page.

greetz Frans

That’s to enable listening to the Tamper Alarm (alarm_tamper capability in Homey) which sensors like the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 (and probably others) has:

oke, same as my fibaro’s have. Thanks for the explanation

Am trying to get “The alarm delay is activated” and “The arming delay is activated” cards to work but I think there’s a bug there. Both duration tags “contains” the alarm delay value, so the arming delay card gets wrong duration.

Hi Gustaf,

Just checked it and you’re absolutely right. It uses the correct value for the actual countdown but displays the wrong one in the tag. Will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for finding it!

1 Like

New version published

Version 2.0.16

• Fixed tag value on The arming delay is started card (Github)
  • Added translators to App Store

@rindler

2 Likes

New version published

Version 2.0.17

• Translation improvements
2 Likes

is it possible that in 2.0.17 an option is missing? (activate surveillance mode as a result card) I’m only seeing these:

Or did I miss a step?

Post deleted because of double post here.

Hi Lex,

To set the Surveillance Mode trough a flow you need to use the action card Set Surveillance Mode from the Surveillance Mode Switch

1 Like

New version published

Version 2.0.18

• Code cleanup
  • Added French translation (Work in progress)
  • Changed compatibility to >=2.0.5
1 Like

First of all I want to say that the Heimdall app is really a great app. I think the heimdall app is really indispensable for every homey user, so thank you @DaneedeKruyff for creating this app. Because I sometimes see questions about how to set up heimdall, I have placed a video on my youtube channel in which I explain how you can make a basic alarm system with homey and the heimdall app. So if you are new to homey or the heimdall app and want to use the heimdal app, have a look here.

3 Likes

Thanks Ruud.

I do like to emphasize the distinction between the Surveillance Mode (Toezicht Mode) and the Alarm State (Alarm Status). The flow created at ~5:30 is called alarm inschakelen while it is actually a flow to set the Surveillance Mode (Toezicht Mode). The flow created at ~7:40 is called alarm uitschakelen while it actually set the Surveillance Mode (Toezicht Mode) to Disarmed (Uitgeschakeld).
The flow created at ~11:50 is called alarm inactief which is the one that sets the Alarm State to Deactivated (gedeactiveerd)