Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Seeing the latest update to Heimdall you may wonder; What can I do with the dynamic configuration of device settings? Why have I’ve added a lot of flow cards in these last three update with which you can change the settings of your devices?
I will explain that in this post.

Heimdall is built on top of capabilities that your Homey provides and for the Surveillance Mode that gives you 3 separate options. The first one is Disarmed, the second Fully Armed and as an in between option the Partially Armed option.

Some Heimdall users have asked in the past if it was possible to add more Surveillance Modes, and while it is obviously technically possible it’s not the way I wanted to go because I want to stay as close as possible to Homeys builtin capabilities.

Now, Imagine you have 3 different zones in your house where you want to use Heimdall but you want to be able to independently Arm and Disarm these different zones. In this example I’ve named these zones Home, Office and Studio. For this example I’ve created Virtual Mode Devices to represent these zones

and created some flows that use these devices.
The first one to Arm and Disarm the Home zone

the second one to Arm and Disarm the Office zone

and the last one to Arm and Disarm the Studio zone.

These flows add and remove the devices in a particular zone to/from the Partially Armed Surveillance Mode so it’s very important you make sure the Surveillance Mode is set to Partially Armed and stays there!

Now you can easily Arm and Disarm the different zones in your house by clicking on the previously created devices!

When everybody left the house, you’re at the Office and the Studio is not occupied, switch it like this:

When work is done and you’re back Home, switch it like this:

You Airbnbed your Studio? Switch like this:

Any questions or remarks, just post them here.

11 Likes