Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Thank you! Was able to turn it off after turning off the let homey tell you setting.

Thanks! :blush:

Hi Danee,

I hope you can help me.

I have set the following values, see screenshot. Options that are not visible are disabled.

I expect my ‘Alarm vertraging’ flow to get activated when I open a door, but instead the ‘Alarm is triggered’ flow is activited. What settings is causing this?

Hi Niels,

Have you set the Delay option on the door sensor? Can you show a screenshot of your Device settings?

Hi Danee,

I must have done something wrong earlier.
I disabled the Delay option at the sensors and enabled them again, now working well.
Thanks for your great app!

@DaneedeKruyff
Would it be feasible for you to add to Heimdall the ability to link to a DSC Alarm panel fitted with an Envisalink module? The DSC (PowerSeries) alarm panel is a traditional alarm system but the Envisalink module adds a network interface to it via which a REST API can be used to control the alarm system. This approach lets the alarm system continue to work as normal, supports both wired and wireless alarm sensors and in theory your alarm could still be monitored. This setup is supported by various other smart home platforms e.g. Smartthings and HomeAssistant. I believe the HomeAssistant implementation even allows limited ability to use non DSC sensors and feed these in to the DSC panel, so in theory a Nest Protect could trigger a fire alarm to the panel.

There is another module called the Konnected module. This works only with wired sensors and effectively replaces the brains of the alarm panel. Again it is supported by various smart home platforms including Smartthings and HomeAssistant.

I personally prefer the Envisalink approach.

1 Like

Hello @John_Lockwood,

Heimdall is build upon standard device capabilities that are exposed by Homey. It’s the job of an app for a particular device to map its characteristics and possibilities to those Homey capabilities. This way Heimdall is brand/device agnostic and no specific/special code has to be added to Heimdall for new brands/devices.
So it would at least need a Homey app for the devices you mention, I have no interrest in writing such app.

Hi,
My homey is almost always stuttering when de/activating heimdall.
Is this a known issue?
It seems alot more with homey v2.x

I have installed the app, thank you for the great work it looks very good to me.

1 Like

Can you elaborate on de/activating Heimdall? Some minor actions are taken when setting a Surveillance Mode also depending on what settings are enabled. When Heimdall is in a Surveillance Mode it does basically nothing, just waiting for messages from Homey.

Hi, i mean changing surveillance mode. (Switching on/off some lights, changing présence mode to sleeping, etc.) If i put in some delays between commands It does not seem to make a difference. Maybe my homey is lagging and has nothing todo with heimdall, i dont know yet.

When you change the Surveillance Mode some things happen, depending on your setting. When no Arming Delay is configured, the sensors are checked and triggercards are fired when flows are configured. After that the Surveillance Mode is actually set.
These actions are very simple and hardly use any resources. When configured to tell you the Surveillance Mode changed a text is send to Homey to be spoken. This may stutter but from reports I’ve seen about stuttering speech this happens on overloaded systems. When an Arming Delay is configured there will be a countdown in Homey towards the changing of the Surveillance Mode, this as such also doesn’t use much resources, a spoken countdown may stutter however because of the before mentioned reason.
As far as I can judge changing the Surveillance Mode doesn’t put any stress on your Homey, on overloaded systems it may however make the stress which Homey is under visible.

Hi Danee,

I understand that a overloaded system can cause this stutter.
Strange thing is that the average CPU usage over 1 week has 2 spikes over 1 Percent, but overall does not exceed 0.6 percent

Average memory usage over 1 week does not exceed 149MB

I think these values are not so abnormal?

Thanks.

No, I wouldn’t worry about those numbers. I do however have no explanation about what happens on your Homey, I can’t relate it to Heimdall.

Hi,
is there a way when the alarm is triggers heimdall sends notifications on every alert?
so you get notifications when some one is walking in room 1 and then in room 2 or also opens a door.
gr jeroen

Hey. After setting up all the sensors, when you re-enter the device menu, it gives two errors. I tried to do the procedure as with getzone described above, but without any result. What could be the problem?
In the device section, these errors appear and in the same section I do not see any devices. Opening and closing sensors and movement using xiaomi.
Thank!!!
image|281x499 image

The flow card sensor tripped on alarm state should do this.

1 Like

That error is thrown when Heimdall is unable to retrieve your devices from Homey, can you check that all other apps are running normally and you have no devices that are disabled or have a red exclamation mark?
I’ve scrolled up a bit (but not all 500+ posts :wink: ) but I can’t find what you mean with I tried to do the procedure as with getzone described above so please explain.

Hey. All sensors work in Homey without any problems. They do not give any errors. The sensors are acting as a trigger to turn on the light; I regularly receive notifications from the sensors on the windows when I open it, since a small child is at home. Immediately after the installation, Heimdall chose without problems the modes in which the entire sensor will work (full or partially), then made a few settings and that’s it. The next time I get into the settings in the device section and getZoneError error pops up, getDeviceError errors pop up on top of this error and these windows appear endlessly until you close the application. When you uninstall the application and install it again, all the sensors become visible, but until you make any settings in the Heimdall application. All sensors are available xiaomi. Regarding the getZoneError error, I tried to follow the instructions described here - https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/39 In this connection, I also wanted to ask about the Heimdall sub-sensor of the xiaomi vibration sensor, is it possible to oversize it?

Hello again. Issue with errors resolved. The fact is that the settings did everything on vacation))) in another country and the quality of the Internet connection was not very good. Now the connection is excellent and all problems are gone.

Glad it’s working for you now, thanks for reporting back!