Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Good idea, but all my sensors are just called “the door”/“the left window”/“the motion sensor” and so on, and then I filter or send notification with the name AND zone, but there are no such tag here…

However I can for sure make a workarounds in other ways.

Since the update (v.2.0.36) before the one today, I get every disarmed notification twice. Arming only gives one notification. See below:

(Henk is the first one coming home in this case, so Heimdall disarms)

I haven’t set up an extra notification somewhere. Seems to be generated bij Heimdall itself?

Any suggestions?

Is it possible to have the Heimdall Mode device not show up under Energy in the Homey App? As it is a virtual device, it shouldn’t be shown there at all.

I know I can set the “Constant power usage” to 0, but that doesn’t stop it from showing up under Energy. Maybe this is a Homey limitation that can be fixed?

@Henk_Renting No code related to writing to the Timeline has been changed for many versions and I also can’t reproduce. What happens when you change the WRITE TO TIMELINE WHEN the Surveillance Mode changed to off?

@MasterAeon I would like it to be hidden too, just like any other Virtual Device for which showing up in Energy in the Homey app it doesn’t make sense. When the Energy function was released I asked Athom to add an option to hide devices from it and found out it had been requested in the private Beta group too. The response was it would be confusing for users to hide devices from the Energy tab that would be visible in the devices tab, having devices shown that are irrelevant on the tab was considered not to be confusing :exploding_head:

@DaneedeKruyff I’ll try! Let you know. :slight_smile:

:notes: Hola supermercado telebancos por aquí, let’s get Spanish :notes:

Now that would have happened when I had translated Heimdall to Spanish, luckily @Eduardo_Rodriguez was kind enough to do the translation, resulting in a new version:

Version 2.0.37

• Added Spanish language

(For everyone that wonders what the hell I’m babbling De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig)

2 Likes

It is more confusing seeing devices that does not use power at all under Energy. Also, logically, battery devices is not shown there. So it would definitively not be confusing to exclude all devices that isn’t connected to a socket as they already are partially doing it.

Being inconsistent is however confusing.

I couldn’t agree more, unfortunately the powers that be at Athom decided otherwise. Maybe when enough people ask it nicely complain about it they will change their minds.

@DaneedeKruyff
Just tested. When I disable the “write to timeline when the survelance mode is changed” as you explained, then I do not get any notification at all
None when arming and none when disarming… :confused:

Ok, so the double disarm notification in your timeline is created by the part of the code that sets the Surveillance Mode and nothing else. Now the question is, does this code gets executed twice?
Can you make a flow with the Surveillance Mode Changed (Toezicht Modus is gewijzigd) trigger card that creates a (push) notification.

I wonder if this flow gets run twice. If so add a condition card checking the Surveillance Mode for not being Disarmed and see how many times that one executes.

@DaneedeKruyff Flow made and will report as soon as I have more news… :slight_smile:
Thanks for the great support so far!

@DaneedeKruyff

Here the same, just update from 2.0.35 to 2.0.37
Get the disarming message twice. Before it was one(like a hour ago).

Hmm, strange… the only changes between 2.0.35 and 2.0.37 are language files and translations.
Do you see the exact same behaviour? So, 1 message for arming and 2 for disarming?
How do you set the Surveillance Mode?

I checked a few things.
When I use the app to switch to disarmed then I get 2 message.
When I use a tag reader with a flow than I got 1 message…
Also I have a notification when I disarm and than I get also 2 message by using the app and 1 message using tag reader (flow)…

By using the app you mean using the Surveillance Mode Switch?
I can’t reproduce, see nothing wrong in the console either when I run it through the CLI.
Maybe we should start with the number 1 IT solution: can you reboot your Homey? (And give it enough time to start everything before trying again)

@DaneedeKruyff I have version 2.0.36 but I also get 2x the message that heimdal is disabled. will see if I can get more info for you

Update: I just looked in the heimdall app at the log, but it says that my Surveillance mode has been changed by a flow card. Then I started looking for which flows disable Surveillance mode. but these flows all start in the ALS column with the card this flow is started which is controlled by Ifttt. So think this is something of the homey app that causes you to be notified twice that Surveillance mode is off.

@DaneedeKruyff I have test a few things and at my side I found a flow wich was actived it 2 times to the timeline. Sorry for the mistake! But thanks for your help.
This was normally I use the tag reader and for testing I was lazy and do it by the app with the Surveillance Mode Switch!

Glad to be of help, thanks for reporting back.

So @DaneedeKruyff;
When leaving home (arming) and returning (disarming):

This flow:

Gives me these push messages:

After that; this flow:

Gives me these push message:

I have deleted the notification that are generated bij Heimdall itself. These were unchanged: one for arming, two for disarming.

Hope this helps.
Would be glad to test some more if you like!

Ok, that confirms the code gets executed twice. I guess you will also see a double Disarm in the Heimdall log, could you check that and post a screenshot here?
(To make the log more readable, open it on the developer pages and use this tip)

(Btw, did you happen to try the number 1 IT solution already: the infamous reboot?)