Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

This App is the one convinced me to buy Homey. Thank you Danee carry on with it regardless to some comments.

I’ve a question, I’m trying to make a flow that checks every evening at 10pm if any window sensor is still open and in the case of any, notify witch to me.
I can achieve this only when at 11pm you app goes in Arm mode and checks itself in any sensor is left on.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.

1 Like

This can be done without any interaction from Heimdall.

WHEN it is 10 PM

AND device of type sensor is turned on

THEN send zone and device to phone

You can do this in Heimdall like this:

To run the sensor check make a flow like this:

This flow will trigger the Sensor active at Status Check flow card when a motion or door/window sensor is active. To get a notification you can use this flow card like this:

resulting in this:

To write the result to the timeline you can use a flow like this

resulting in this:

Each device that is detecting motion or an openend door/window will result in triggering the Sensor active at Status Check so each device will have it’s own notification or line written to the Timeline.

Dear @Hannes85 and @DaneedeKruyff thanks so much for your support.
I partially managed to solve the problem. I tested both solutions but then I moved to the one supported by Heimdall.
I still need to have the notification only on the Sensors (Windows and door contact) that are included in the Partial Insertion of the Alarm (when we are in house) and not the Pir sensors that are normally included only in the Full Insertion of the Alarm, otherwise I get notified also for the Pirs during family movements.

Hello DaneedeKruyff,

Very nice app you made for Homey. I have a question about it. I have de Neo Coolcam PIR v2 and last night the alarm went on at 4.30 AM. I think because the battery gives a message for 20%. Do you know that this is or could be an issue?

I hope to hear from you.

With kind regards,
Rob Bruining

Question, is it possible to have 2 different alarm triggers based on fully armed and the other one for partially armed?

that already exists.

If an alarm is trapped
AND current alarm mode is partial
Do this
Else that

Hello @Rob_Bruining,

Heimdall will not respond to anything else than Motion-, Contact-, Vibration- or Tamper Alarms. If Heimdall was triggered by that particular sensor (You can look in the dashboard which sensor triggered the alarm) it has reported any of those alarm types to Homey which Homey then reported to Heimdall.

Hi i tried your exempel above with Sensor active at Status Check but i only get respons from one sensor. What am i missing?

That check only checks sensors that are active at the moment of the check (so motion detected or an open door/window)
It could be a particular sensor hasn’t reported ready at Heimdall start, if that’s the case it is not included in the check.
Have you looked in the Dashboard in the apps settings?

@DaneedeKruyff Dera Danee, i was wondering if it is possible, in a future next version of your great app, to split (may be with two different cards) the check of the sensors active at the moment of the check between Motion Sensors and Door/Window Sensors or, better, between Partially or Full Armed Sensors.
This because if somebody like me wants to check only the Windows/Door Sensor in evening prior of inserting the Partially Armed Surveillance mode (once somebody is in house of course) can avoid Motion Sensors to report.
Thanks for reading.

Looking in the app status page all my open windows and doors are reported as open by Heimdall but when running the flow in the timeline only one or two logged. Closing one door another are reported as open. Any suggestions?

Ok. Thanx for your reply. I saw that at that moment an update from Homey is done. After restart the alarm went on. But I cannot find another trigger of the PIR device. Next time I will search for more detail.

Also in regards with door/window sensors still opened …
@DaneedeKruyff,
Sorry to bother you but apart if I misunderstood the setup options, I have just noticed an issue, when arming the Partial surveillance mode. During the checks at activation, Heimdal informs on a door/window opened only if the delay for the partial mode is enabled. When disabling the delay for the partial mode, Heimdal wouldn’t inform about it (option for information on door/window activated at the very bottom of setup page). Not a big issue because we have the workaround to set also the delay for the partial mode to detect door/window still opened. Just to report in case you wouldn’t already know :grinning:
Overall this is a great app, thanks a lot @DaneedeKruyff ! :+1:

@Arvlux that’s strange. I’ve set the delay just for the full arm mode to 60 sec and I’ve normally a check also for the partial mode

@Arvlux can you post a screenshot of your settings so I can try to reproduce it?

Hello Danee, thanks for asking … :+1:
I am running Heimdall v2.0.39 with Homey 4.1.0
Here you are with my result for a new test this morning following @Andrea_M feedback above: My testing sequence was
1- open the garage door
2- trigger partial surveillance with no delay for it -> pre arm check with no info on door opened
3- stop surveillance
4- set delay on partial surveillance
5- trigger partial surveillance with delay -> pre arm check informs on door

And my settings at step 2 where it fails

I’d also like to see your PRE-ARMING CHECK (Vérification avant activation) settings.

Yes Danee, all is on for pre-arming checks

Found it, the combination of not using an Arming Delay on the Partial Surveillance Mode and the Perform check before Arming Delay skipped the Pre-Arming Check.

It’s fixed in version 2.0.40 which I just submitted for approval by Athom.

3 Likes