Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

@RobvandeGoor Thanks for reporting back, glad you got it working now.

@Danny_Mertens No problem. I think the problem you’re experiencing are caused by a delay in Homey, not in your network. The speech processing causes a delay and I think the countdown just produces too much messages too fast and in order.

I had the same countdown problems. Removed some apps and that freed some memory. Even using Google home speakers. I bought a new Homey Pro so memory is no problem anymore.

Hi,
I Have just added an Everspring ST-812 wateralarm, but i don’t se it in Heimdall app?
Maybe I doing something wrong?

I don’t think it’s a sensor type which is supported by Heimdall. What has a water sensor to do with an alarm system? :wink: But has a lot to do with a warning system. Do you want the alarm to go off when there is water detected only when you are not at home?

What you can do is create a virtual sensor (door/windows) which is then usable in Heimdall and can be state changed by using a flow.

Thanks, You got a point there. I try Your ide.

Does the second tripped sensor trigger the alarm immediately when this is on or when this is off?

This will be with this setting on.

Hello,

I want to collect data over a full year with various sensors connected to my Homey. I am adding a weather station (Netatmo), energy meter (Aeotec), door sensors, smart lightbulbs, etc. Will your app enable me to collect and export the data that is sent from these sensors to my Homey with timestamps? I am looking for a way to get CSV files containing all changes from the smart sensors with timestamps so I can use it for machine learning.

No, that’s not what Heimdall is designed for.

There is an app for exporting from insights: https://homey.app/de-de/app/com.gruijter.insights2csv/Archive-Insights/

have fun. But check: there are different timespans for different export spans.

Or using this one to export Insights and use Grafana to make horny graphs.

InsightsDB and Grafana can run on a Pi 3b or as docker on a Synology NAS for example.

1 Like

Hi all, did someone working with Heimdall has experience with integration of IAS cluster devices? I am going to add some doorsensors and movement sensors from Bitron Video and I would really want to know what is needed to make these available in Heimdall

If the sensors actions are mapped to Homeys alarm_contact (door/window sensors) or alarm_motion (motion sensors) capabilities they will be available to Heimdall.
If mapped to other capabilities they can be used in Heimdall by using Virtual Devices.

Perfect, I will add these properties to the devices when working on the drivers…
Thanks.

Great!
If the devices have a tamper detection you can map that to alarm_tamper.

I’m interested in this app. Looks quite complete and very useful.
Is it possible to set exceptions? Like for example…

• TRIGGER ALARM
    when humans are recognized and nobody is @ home

• DO NOT TRIGGER ALARM
    when our cats walk around the house and trigger the motion sensors

It’s now quite a while that i’m looking into something that solves me that problem :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance for any specific response.

I guess you either need to:
-tell homey when your cats are inside or not (and use that to switch from fully armed to partial armed mode)
-Adjust your motion sensors in such a way that they do not see the cat, but do see human (have them watch higher above the ground

Don’t use motion sensors, only door and windows sensors in all rooms the cat may use.

I live in an apartment therefore they are always inside. So, in fact I can’t switch from fully armed to partial armed mode.
In what way are motion sensor adjustable? They can’t distinguish motion between cats and humans, can’t they? Even higher above the ground is not a safe option in my opinion. Cats jump around :slight_smile:

My cats can use every room. Do you think there is no other workaround for motion sensors to distinguish between cats and humans?