Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home

Thanks.

Hi all,
I have a question about the door/window sensors.
Is it possible to have both these options combined?

1. When I leave the home, I want to have a 5 minute timer before my status is set to armed. (delayed trigger).
  2. When I get inside the house, I want to have a 20 second timer before the alarm goes off (delayed trigger) .

When I have delayed trigger on, the house will be armed 10 seconds after I close the door… But it does wait the 20 seconds before the alarm gets triggered.

When I have delayed trigger off, the house will be armed after that 300s timer, but it does trigger the alarm the very moment I enter the door.

Would be awesome to have an easy fix :blush:. (ofc it can be fixed with the countdown app, but I just hope there is an option inside the app :blush:

1 Like

Hello, I am starting my Heimdall setup, and I don’t know if I skipped anything or if there is a problem in the application, but I have no alarm delay. When the alarm is activated, if a sensor is triggered it immediately goes into an alarm state. I don’t have a “time out”. Which means that when I come home and the alarm is activated, it goes immediately on alarm. I don’t have time to type a code. An idea?

@Glenn_Dijkstra sorry, I didn’t see your post earlier.
I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking here, I think some things are mixed up.
When arming, you wil have an Arming Delay.
When a sensor is tripped and you want Heimdall to wait a little before it sets the Alarm State you use the Alarm Delay timer. Now to enable that on a sensor you set Delay on it.
There is a special routine, the Last Door Functionality, that gets enabled on any sensor that has Delay set on it.
The idea behind this functionality is that when you have a physical device in your house near the door you leave the house through so Heimdalll will be armed shortly after you leave the house, shortening the Arming Delay.
So it is not a set duration after you change the Surveillance Mode but it is a set duration after (opening and) closing ‘the last door’ before leaving your house.

Did you follow the instructions in the first post? I think something is not configured correctly so let’s try to find out what it is.
Just to be sure, you did select Delay on the device for which you want the delay before setting the Alarm State on after a sensor is tripped?

Can you please show the flow you use for when the ‘alarm is activated’

Can you check the Dashboard to see what happens when a sensor is tripped?
(Please check this post: Homey Flow for Web - three Column view [CSS customization] - #2 by DaneedeKruyff on how to make the Dashboard better readable)

1 Like

I miss to activate delay on which device I want. It works. Thank you

Thanks for reporting back, glad you got it working!

I’m trying out Heimdall to reduce the surveillance flows i already have. Sometimes the “arming delay” (set to 300 seconds) takes only 120 seconds. I haven’t found a reason why it skips time.

Made a flow : When “The time until armed changed” with output to Papertrails and i discovered the delay skipped at 105 seconds to 10 seconds, another time it skipped from 188 to 10 seconds.

That may very well be the Last door functionality.

Please look in the log on the Dashboard in the apps settingspages.

Hi Danee. You’re right, i thought the delay in device setup had something to do with alarm instead of arming. In some sensors I want immediate alarm (the technical room where the fuses are), others a delayed alarm (30 seconds by default) is fine to me.

Hi all,

Using Homey and Heimdall for quit a while now and I’m very happy with it.
I’m however looking into an option to disable and arm the alarm at the frontdoor. My first thought was to have some kind of alarm panel next to my front door on which we can enter a code. Could be me, but I have a hard time finding one without having to solder or anything like it. I have a very solid Zigbee network and I’m running very low on Zwave. So preferable I would like to use zigbee.

Why I’m looking for this option over using our phones or home/away option is that multiple people that are not using homey app are entering our house. i.e. Housekeeping (I don’t want to force her in using an app as she is not very techy and probably forgets her phone every know and then.)

Do you experts have a solid solution for this? I tried searching this forum quit a bit, without luck unfortunately. Thanks!

I personally use the RFID reader in Homey and use any card which has a RFID chip. New Homey devices don’t have a RFID technology included anymore.

You can also use home/away via Unify WiFi accesspoints but sometimes it take a while for recognition and this setup is quite technical.

Maybe more information in this thread: Which RFID Tag reader / securitycode keypad to use

1 Like

Hi, thank you for your answer.
I understand the difference between the alarm delay timer and the arming delay.
But I only see one option ‘delay’. I believe that when I turn ‘delay’ on, the door sensor will set my arming delay to 10s.
Is it possible to turn on the alarm delay (30s countdown when the alarm goes off) and keep the arming delay going after the door has been closed? (I have indoor door sensors).

You are right, on a device there is just the Delay option which will be used for both the Alarm Delay and shortening the Arming Delay when selected on a device.
Using a Delay on Door sensor is to be used on external doors by design.

There is a workaround for your use case however; create a flow like this to Disable and Enable the Delay on your Door sensor dynamically:

1 Like

had the same need and investigation to a solution you discribe. Ideally a solution for outside the house nearby the front door, it became a solution indoor.
Ring has a nice alarm keypad (I use Ring Pro), but unfortunately it is not added to the app. Soldering myself wasn’t something I was willing to do.
Finally chose to use the Aqara Wireless Remote Switch Double to arm and disarm my day/night alarm. I have hidden the switch a bit. It is not as safe as a keypad or RFID reader, but works Ok for now, until I come across a better solution.

I haven’t found an option for the following situation.

When the alarm is triggered, after the Heimdall Alarm delay a flow starts with Siren actions. When sensor warnings happen again, i want a lesser Alarm delay.

Feature request for Heimdall: Please, make a action card to setup the alarm-delay. The delay in Heimdall settings could stay the initial setting when arming surveillance.

I think this can be done with already available cards:

Okay, another way of thinking :thinking:

I need an extra flow, but you’re absolutely right: i reach my goal when doing it this way.
Thank you for your quick responce.

Message nr. 1000 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

@DaneedeKruyff I will make you a donation ! Thank you

1 Like

RFID from Zipato is working fine in Homey.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php%3Flang%3Den%26sku%3DZIPERFID&ved=2ahUKEwjt7Nu6lLjvAhUEyaQKHZUxBTcQFjABegQIChAC&usg=AOvVaw3DIgi_sVX-OFtir0w3IbtR