Help needed with a Multisensor 6 for light during showering

You are right about making it too complicated.
But the shower problem is solved with the humidity sensor (+ the timer for the humidity to rise).

That problem was solved by @cbh long time ago… :joy:

An updated guide will arrive soon :wink:

1 Like

This is good i never thought to use the humidity changing as way for it to reset the counter , My sensor can cover my whole bathroom but it is set that when its between a certain time for showering to have the light on 100% and then outside of this for a soft light when going to the toilet,

But sometimes i can be having a shower and the timer is set for 10 mins with the idea that when the motion is trigger! again it will reset the timer but this is not always the case
Here is my sensor settings do you see anything wrong with this i was never sure on what the recommended settings are for this device is this very different from anyone elses ? there is also the Wake-up Interval set to 600 seconds

This is my flow

Thanks Guys!

Hi guys I’m new to this so apologies for any stupid questions. I have a Aeotec multisensor 6 and Homey. I worked out that the multisensor 6 is greatly restricted for measuring humidity, light etc unless it is powered by usb (I now have it powered).

I want a flow to turn on the fan in the shower when the humidity goes above x. The issue is that when I try to create the flow the only option I can see is “The humidity changed”. How am I able to trigger a flow based off the humidity going over a set value (not it just changing)? Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks @RoyWissenburg, that’s awesome. As humidity is a percentage would 60% be represented as 0.6 in the logic?

Just tested, this was the case. This is great, thanks so much for your help @RoyWissenburg

1 Like

So I’ve been playing around. Current humidity is ~40% where I am, so I set the fan to go off when it reaches 60%. Then when it returns to 40% it turns off.

In principle this sounds fine but in summer the ambient humidity will possibly go over 60%. How would this be approached, I thought the below may work but there may be a better way, if so please let me know.

When motion is sensed
… and timer is not running

set value A to the current humidity
start timer (20 mins)

When humidity is greater value A + .2 (use better logic for this)

turn on fan
set value B to the current humidity

When humidity is less than Value B - .2

turn off fan

The other approach to this problem is to have a sensor in the bathroom, and one else where - then when the delta of the humidity between the two is > X turn on the fan.

ie. while the bathroom has 20% more humidity then your bedroom turn on the fan.

Great idea @Jamie !

Same as @jamie wrote this one here works just perfect for me. Automate humidity sensor and fan
One sensor in the bathroom and the second used as a reference in the living room, that’s my setup.