Homey 2.0.0 Community App Compatibility List

Homeyduino is dead in the water.
I reported within one week the app was released a install problem witch basicly means it at random fails to install properly. The former intern said -back then - he no longer works on it. It has not gotten any attention since then.
Now, with this blunt ‘not supported’ message it is official.

But Robert, was it you who had some ideas to get esp8266 going in Homey?

I have plenty of idea :wink:

The Sonoff-Tasmota firmware, which also runs on most ESP8266 boards, could be a reasonable solution, although the Sonoff app can’t yet deal with completely generic modules. I’m waiting for a stable V2 release before I will continue working on it.

Depending on what exactly you want to do with it, it might also be possible to use the MQTT Broker and MQTT Client apps to trigger flows based on sensor data.

If you want more flexibility, take a look at MySensors, although I’m not sure if the Homey app for that works on V2.

On github the mysensors app owner says he sold his homey and is not updating the app for homey 2.0. I do not see any other contributers or followup/continuation for now.

I do use Sonoff hardware, flashed Tasmota on it straightaway. And use your great app in Homey (2.0). It is just a joy to use it. Flawless.

Homeyduino app could have been a joy, it could have unlocked Arduino to Homey in a friendly way. But it had problems from the get go and that made me hesitant to go full monkey on it.
I still use it to control a low voltage relay with it to switch my ventilation system. It still works in Homey 2.0, for as long as that is.

I would like to use sensors like PIRs, Light dependend resitors and DHT11 temperature en humidity sensors. That hardware is basic stuff, but connected to Homey in a gentile way you can have lots of fun.

Fair enough

I can confirm that both work just fine, the only app that dont work for me is the Unifi Network app

Sensative App (1.0.3) is working in 2.0

What does not work? Everything works for me, had to remove and reinstall to do so.

please can’t som want help my?

Please discuss specific app problems in their own topic, this one is ment to be a list of V2 compatible apps, not a discussion post.

1 Like

Hi all,

I find it very confusing why this is only a topic for community compatibility apps. I have quite a lot of apps (19), and now I have to search on all the different places if this will work on v2:

• This topic, Github and the app store for community apps
  • For athom apps, Github, the app store and their own topics

Anyway, I’ve made my own list and from a few community apps I have no clue if they will work on v2 (from homeyduino unfortunately I know they don’t…):

• SQL from Rens Brandwijk
  • POPP EU Z-wave Products from Marco Ruiter
  • Weather Underground from Robby van Kekem (I know about the API stop, but they will provide new keys for Private Weatherstation Owners)
  • Solar Panels -> Seems in the latest release notes that 2.0 is supported
  • Sunway Window Coverings by Sunway Benelux B.V.

Especially the ‘SQL’ app is very important in my environment, I use it a lot. For the Arduino there is a workaround with MQTT. Is anyone who has 2.0 running, willing to test this app for me?

Thanks!

Athom is stating that all their apps are working on 2.0 so no need to search at different places.
If Athom apps are not working (like Homeyduino) plz contact Athom directly.

1 Like

BetterLogic: install a beta version of the app; it works in v2.0.0-rc.11

• radio works on V2
  • huffpo works on V2
    rest of mine not sure yet…

Does anybody know if the Ikea Tradfri Gateway app works on Homey 2? And if Homeydash gets updated?

Do you mean the app? Doesnot show up in the floweditor

speel%20radio

1 Like

The app Xiaomi mi flora version v2.0.19 is not compatible with v2.0-rc-x and will be still available for < 2.0.

I’ve been working hard to try to make the app 2.0 compatiible from the day 2.0 came out in rc. I have rewritten most part of the app. But there are still issues with BLE however. I’ve already added issues to Athom.

3 Likes

Ikea Tradfri Gateway app works for me. On RC11 now.

Hi is there an “organised” list of supported and tested apps on V2 somewhere? Ik like the start of this blog but then got lost :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just in case you did not notice. Thanks to Robert and others I found a pretty neat working solution for the ESP8266 boards cretaing a webserver and client on this board that interacts with the http cards (that are supported on V2): Arduino / Homeduino met ESP8266 aansturen pinnen op Arduino