Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Are there any plans to make the new 2.0 virtual buttons visible in Apple HomeKit? Would more or less create endless possibilities for devices and activating flows as described in the blog post.

Looks like virtual buttons work, using the Homeykit app.

Has anyone using V2.0 got the lightwave sockets to work ?
This question is stopping me upgrading as i have many of them.
Andrew

1 Like

I’m not sure if robertklep was referring to the store app but I can confirm the Athom experimental Homekit also supports the virtual switches.

My Fibaro double switches are not responding anymore when I press S2. Is this a known issue?

I had the same issue. i changed the switch type to “momentary switch”, then it works

Confirmed here too, seems as if virutal buttons don’t work while the virutal switch does (didn’t test any third-party app). That’s something at least! :slight_smile:

Virtual buttons work on Homeykit (third-party app) too.

Am I missing something here or am I just too dumb for presence?

I am looking at a simple FLOW : when nobody is home then do this

But somehow it feels like there is no appropriate nobody is home trigger to start that flow?

“nobody is home” is not a trigger but a condition, a state. The trigger could be “someone left” and then the condition “nobody is home”.

not going to answer the second part of your question :wink:

2 Likes

Hello Community,

I tried the search function, but did not find anything: how to add an Else to the Then column using V2-rc9?

Regards
Andreas

Make an extra card and drag it down

Hi there

I’m having trouble using the “Devices” card in 2.0, which used to work well in 1.5.

I have a card which says “Devices (type: Light, in Living Room) are all turned off”, which then turns them on. However, I’m getting a red exclamation triangle on this card which says “Cannot read property ‘onoff’ of undefined”.

Thank you Rocodamelshe, worked.

Regards
Andreas

Currently I’m on 1.5.x and tempted to migrate to 2.0, currently I’m checking the apps 1 by 1 to look for updates or beta channel updates to see of they are compatible. some of the app have a 2.0 SDK compatible beta, would this mean the should work with Homey 2.0(rc9)?

This homey is my primary controller, so I guess I should hold off

My setup:

• 26 zwave devices
  • 13 zigbee devices
  • 40 flows (my heating zones are controlled by means of flows)
  • 15 apps

Apps installed:

• Better Logic (0.9.12) => reported ok
  • Danfoss (2.0) => unknown
  • Eurotronic (2.0 beta) => reported ok
  • Fibaro (2.1.11 beta) => reported ok
  • Flow Backups (1.1.2) => unknown
  • IKEA TrĂ„dfri (1.2.10) => reported ok
  • Nest (2.5.5) => unknown
  • Pugwise Smile P1 (2.0.4) => unknown
  • Qubino (2.0.7 beta) => have to re-pair in wall my zwave modules :frowning: => reported ok
  • Secure / Horstmann (0.1.4) => unknown
  • Ubiquiti UniFi (2.0.3) => unknown
  • Virtuele Devices (0.8.1 beta) => unknown
  • Xiaomi / Aqara ZigBee (0.4.3) => reported ok
  • Z-Wave.Me (0.1.5) => reported ok
  • Solar (2.4.0 beta) => unknown

I hope Athom will make the transition to the 2.0 stable a bit more user friendly, hence a compatibility check should be added somehow in a final 1.5.x release)

This week I tried updating Homey v1.5.13 to v2.0.0-rc.9. As a result I am now looking at a constant red ring. I tried rebooting, rebooting router, connecting directly via wifi, recovery procedure (upside down after 0, 10 and 30 seconds).

Contacted Athom but they seem to be very busy. I don’t want to ship my Homey to be wiped (I have around 40 devices, including many flows)

A lot of people have had this red ring problem, but I did not find a solution so far. I have read something about a method with Mac or Ubuntu, but is was deleted.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Try taking it off power for a good 10, 15 minutes. Also, try another (sufficiently powerful) power adapter to rule out problems with that.

Hi Robert,
Tried both. Also with longer waiting period. Also tried other power supplies and cables, read that helped some other people. Unfortunately not in my case

I just saw rc 11 as an option
 What could it mean? Did we skip 10? Am I blind?