Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Ah check, got it. Thanks.

Anyone with connection issues tried to do a full reset on it? I have the same issue can’t connect to it after upgrade. Tried to restart it few times but nothing.
It is connected to wifi, that I can see from my router so it’s not “dead”

I’m reluctant to do a full reset as the connection has been intermittent since I updated, so I am hoping to get a window of opportunity to apply the rc2 update.
It seems strange that since yesterday evening the offline issue seems more permanent though and the only change I made on Homey was to select the new weather LED setting.
So is the offline issue in Homey or on the server?

same here. it try to connect these:

|2018-12-08  13:40:25|Homey|api.netatmo.com|
|2018-12-08  12:49:05|Homey|apps-static.athom.com|
|2018-12-08  13:35:25|Homey|connect.athom.com|
|2018-12-08  12:49:03|Homey|firmware.athom.com|
|2018-12-08  12:32:32|Homey|sentry.io|

You saw that Homey is connecting to these adresses?

Yes, i see from my router. It is connected or try to connect those addresses.

I think this is some server side problem.

Great!
I only have 1 question.
When will the geofencing be working?
I have several flows which are depending on my location.

And do I need to re-configure everything after upgrade?

Cheers,

Pjotr

My homey doesn’t want to come back online either. The app doesn’t connect, shows me my homey wity a red dot behind it, and doesn’t offer any updates when factory resetting either. My router is able to give homey an ip adres successfully every single time. Homey itself has the rainbow led animation but doesn’t do anything else anymore. Rebooting takes a while, but results in the exact same situation. Seems like there might still be some issues on the cloud side

1 Like

EDIT: seems like RC2 fixed the offline-bit. Hope it will stay online this time.

Same here. Worked fine a couple of days. Now I am unable to connect. Tried reset, PtP and setup several times.

Still major issue with 2.0. Not even possible to connect to homey with new app.
I really Hope athom is working on this right now. Some bugs is of course okay with an RC release But not the current status.

After upgrading to the test version of the firmware, the device worked for 24 hours, this morning it went off-line and relogin and reboots, network drops do not help. I ask for your help to solve this problem.

I just checked my Homey again and it was online so jumped straight in and got it updated to rc2. Now fingers crossed the login issue is fixed.

Rebuilding some flows, I dont see any way (yet?) to use tags in calulations with logic flow cards. It says: “tags are not yet supported here”. If tags cannot be used in calculations this is an unexpected limitation.
I need to calculate temperature differences and store the result in a logic tag, it seems not possible right now.

Did I miss something?

If not, it may be a good idea to put this limitation in firmware update start post.
If existing homey flows use better logic calcs or do anything smart with logic cacluations you are stuck.

you mean the 3 things already known as limited and is in the firmware.athom.com page?
I quote:

This update has some limitations compared to Homey v1.5:
— Geofencing is disabled
— Insights is disabled
— Flow Tags cannot be entered in text fields

Hmm still Android Homey Gen 2.0 app says “Homey is offline. Could not communicate with Homey.” but now said :

… LOL :slight_smile:

I did not miss that.
I had no idea that “text fields” is a the same as “value fields in numeric logic cards”.

I’m not upset, know the risks of pressing the button on experimental builds whithout a clear view of what’s ahead. Been there before. I am just trying to figure out if my assumptions are right.
It’s unexpected from my point of view.

I also used tags in paper trail text logs in versie which do not work, I expected that.

I may not be the only one to not understand the real consequences of that specific line.
I’ll find a way around this limitation for now.

I do like the upgrade, great app! Working very smooth and building flows is great as well!
Time flies when spending time with Homey…

I only have an issue I didn’t see before in this thread, when I choose Apps I get a blank page and can’t go back to the app:

Anyone else with the same issue?

For those unable to connect / upgrade to rc.2. who are already on rc.1

You should have received an email from Athom re this

The path I believe is that you will have do a recover / reset WiFi - (holding Homey upside down) and going via setup.athom.com. Make sure you ‘keep settings’ and then the webpage ‘should’ show that your Homey needs updating to rc.2.

However sometimes it is instead showing that Homey is already up to date. This is because Athom doesn’t offer some updates on demand and instead uses ‘waves’ to phase rollouts. If you see this then it’s something Athom has to fix still unfortunately. It worked for me but I don’t know if that’s because Athom specifically moved me forward on the ‘waves’ when I raised the issue on Slack.

Good to know! I’ve received the email, but the WiFi recovery method Said already up to date. Will try again in the morning…