Homey 2.0.0 Experimental discussion [EN]

Then don’t!
It’s just some cloud servers being angry atm. For some it is not connecting, for others it’s not being able to install apps. Nothing we can do about but wait till Athom fix the servers.
With factory reset u have to start from scratch. And no promise that the servers won’t be down tomorrow again!

Homey version 2 without internet is nothing!
On version 1 I could connect to Homey over local network even if there is no internet connection, right now it is impossible! I have turned off internet connection for test and I wasn’t able to connect to homey. It means, if something happened to my provider, I will not be able to do a thing with homey (only already created flows will works). If it is only beta “feature” so OK. If not, it’s awful, cause I will be always depended on athom servers and my internet provider!

3 Likes

Just read at the slack channel…

Local connection should be possible again:
weejewel [8:03 PM]
Small update: I’ve replaced homeylocal.com by your direct IP, so without https. Generating new certificates created a lot of problems so this works locally for now. Athom Connect, the ‘My Athom’ for v2.0 Homeys, has a bug that after 5-6 hours it stops responding. It’s my #1 priority to fix that.

What means this? Is this for all Homeys with Connection-Issues?

that most users don’t have to worry and can connect locally on their Wifi with Homey v2.0 without having the cloud issues, they are working on it for a definitive solution.

1 Like

Hi, Guys. Having tested Homey for some time I was very excited seeing V2.0 finally being released for beta testings.

I have about 30 Z-wave devices and my backround is from Fibaro HC2 (Ive been Fibaro partner for 6 years). The update to V2.0 reminds me times where Fibaro was doing same - trying to implement new and important updates. Things happened.

For me personally the update was more or less good - homey is still alive and I like that. But I needed to delete 3 Fibaro FGS-223 and one Vitrum III EU to get them back work. The biggest issue is with universal sensor from Fibaro. It seems they are not working with v2.0 now and my heating system was measured by them. Not good.

As some of you have stated - putting everything into app is not good, specially making flows. Its not very good overview and speed to make flows like this.

Ain’t working for me.
Oh well, I’ll have an good night sleep, go for work and I’ll see in the evening what the status is.

Noticed a couple of things about the new app.

• no small statustext at the users profile pics (you have to tap the user first to see the status away/sleeing etc.)
  • it always says “welcome home” at the top, maybee this text could be more dynamic fitting the right situation
  • favorite devices only take up a single row, the horizontal scrolling feels awkward
  • the favorite device icons don’t show any smart info, tapping them for the right info is too much effort for a quick glance
  • the timeline takes up a huge amount of space in comparison to the favorite devices part, maybee the lay-out could be customizable by the user?
  • when you clear all notifications from the timline it says “Er zijn geen nog berichten”.

DEV App and Homey App says „homey is rebooting“ … since 3 hours … :thinking::man_shrugging::thought_balloon:

Now it’s up again, running 1.5 … but App says:
„There is no update for Homey available yet“
hmmm… so what?!

The Homey Cloud issue may have been partially fixed by some 'throttling 'now implemented - it got a bit overloaded.

It seems to be all back OK for me ATM.

Yes, working for me as well, at home and from outside my network.

And you have reported it to support so Athom knows and can fix things?

HI after update to 2.00rc2 there are not possible to choose a sound/speech not EN or NL.
What to do?

yeah I got access to Homey after the upgrade finally

Maybe it where the connectivity issues yesterday,
I can select a different voice here.
else did you read https://firmware.athom.com

Any one got the Netatmo app working?

If i go in to settings there are no lang files to choose

after the initial issues after upgrading due to servers i have access now to homey, will i always need internet access?

• Zwave - single channel light units work ok,
    • dosnt detect dual channel Zwave modules, i just get one channel available to switch (maybe i missed something)
  • Sonos - basics work, well play/pause and next track.still got no idea whats actually playing
  • xiamoi - Yeelight - RGB bulbs work as expected
  • Milight - easybulb all seems to be ok, colour picker is much better now

-over all the UI is ok, but i think some ability to tweak it ourselves would be great

• on the devices page the icons could be smaller with the room/zone name stronger, as its hard to read what area your turning lights off in
  • the ability to swipe between pages, home, devices flows, more

And u did enable speech because that’s auto disabled in 2.0 ?