Homey and Philips hue motion sensor

Philips hue motion sensor in homey, when I set it up I need to have a room for it in Philips hue app… Then I need to have a light from Philips hue to create a room. So the motion sensor can not stand alone in a room without a Philips hue lights?

I wanted to test the sensor because my fibaro sensor are beginning to get slow. Any tip?

Moved from Dutch to English category

I do only own two outdoor hue sensors.
They’re connected to a hue bridge and that bridge is connected to my Homey.
This works perfectly.
Btw, I ddin’t make rooms in the hue app.

If you do not have any lights, just a motion sensor, you could also consider linking it to Homey directly with the app for Hue without the bridge. Then you don’t need the Hue bridge.

Ok? I had to place it in a room to make it save /store settings…

Is that possible?

Yes, assuming you own a Homey 2016/2019/Pro and not Homey cloud. You can use this app and pair the motion sensor straight to Homey:

1 Like

Nice thank you! Downloaded the ordernary Philips hue with bridge.

Hello again! I tried to use my old flow with active and inactive zones, doesn’t work for this sensor?

I do not use zone activity with this sensor, I only respond to triggers directly from the device. That would be a question to post in the topic for the app.

I’m using zone activity with Hue sensors without any problems. In my system Hue motion sensor is paired directly to Homey.

1 Like

Hue updated the app so that sucks.
When you add the sensor, don’t select a room. Scroll down and click setup with Apple homekit and then it’s OK to not have a room. Next import it in homey.

I made the mistake to select setup elsewhere. It did connect to hue bridge but wat not manageble at all anymore… So I have lost sensor.
The nice thing with the bridge is that it’s included in you’re hue zigbee network. Homey has its own zigbee network.

I ended up putting them in philips hue’s bridge, disabled all options on the sensors in bridge then I made flows in homey. Everything work perfectly​:+1::blush:

1 Like

I want to add my phillips motion sensor as well, it is in pairing mode but it wont be found by homey (cloud) is that not working for homey cloud yet? also i can not seem to be able to add my hue bridge to homey (cloud) only my hue bulbs and plug. Can someone in baby language tell me what i could try… fairly new to homey (cloud) have it since today lol

@ app store, by pushing the Homey beta button, you can view which Hue devices are supported at the moment.
With the Hue bridge paired with Homey that is.

Thank you for your fast reply Peter, to bad i can not use my motion sensor with my homey bridge yet, maybe in the future.

1 Like

Guys im trying to connect the homey outdoor sensor via the regular “homey without a bridge app” but im getting the error that no app found for this zigbee device.

Any one can help? ASAP. I want to know i need to return this as soon as possible. I do not want to buy a hue bridge.

In several post I have read that there is a new version of the hue outdoor motion sensor.
That new one is not supported yet.

I also read the new one can be recognized by the the type of reset pin

Thank you FKey for the speedy response.

I have to say that this is the most annoying part of smart homes.
This is the seventh time that i do extensive research in a product to check Homey support, and still end up with a product that CANT connect.

Irobot bravajet m6
Ikea Praktlysing
Ikea fyrtur -no battery level
Switchbot curtain - simply poor poor support
Eufy 360 pano camera.
Hue outdoor motion sensor.
1 of 2 Ikea smartsputlight GU10. "No app supported for this zigbee device :flushed:)

Sorry I had to venth it out. Love homey allot but actual support list has to become much more reliable and trustworthy :pensive:.

Dont think the app owners can fully solve this.
Most homey apps are not created/supported by the suppliers of the devices.

The app creators are not informed that a new version of a device (like your hue motion sensor) is being released.
So the updates are always reactive.

So you need to verify the exact product type to assure its compatible

(The hue motion sensor looks exactly the same. Apperently only the reset button and the packing have changed. But the changed firmware is what kills you now… :slightly_frowning_face:)

But I must admit I also ran into a renewed product that turned out it was not working