Hi there, I’m about to embark of a fairly significant home renovation and I’m looking get into home automation. After a few months of research I fell like I’m just scratching the surface… However it seems like the right place to start when doing a home renovation is with the lighting and blinds… and then build on that.
I’ve looked a few lighting (and blinds) options and it seems like Rako is a pretty good option… However I’d like to then add a Homey so as I add other smart devices, driveway gate intercom/opener, heating, CCTV and then sensors where needed.
Has anyone here integrated a Rako lighting solution with Homey so you can start to drive automation?
- When back door is opened and it is after sunset, switch on outdoor lights
- When motion detected eg. in hall way and it is after 11pm and before 7am switch on lights to 10% (walking to the kitchen/toilet at night)
- When someone presses the driveway gate door bell, and it’s after sunset, switch on driveway lights for 20 mins
- When driveway gates opens from geo fence trigger and it’s after sunset, switch on driveway lights for 20 mins
- If it’s sunny and no one is home, lower blinds.
- If person is detected via CCTV at the back of the house, switch on certain lights.
Keen to hear ideas