[Modding] Homey Pro (Model Early 201x) Antenna modification

O boy, they’re gonna sell a lot and won’t know why :rofl:

8 Likes

That’s clear I know where my Homey will be hanging next Christmas!
And people here trying to get 3D printed domes… :roll_eyes:

Thanks for sharing @Oliviervb !

Well, with that thing you can make the whole ball transparent… :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun fact: that same plastic sphere has been used to create the very first Homey you saw in our Kickstarter video!

25 Likes

I saw what you did there! :+1:

5 Likes

Now that’s a real Homey Pro, I would buy that any day if that was offered instead of the official Homey “pro”

1 Like

Since you’re reading along… Could you please react on this?

I had no problems with 1.5.3 and Z-wave but at 1.5.12 (did not use versions in between) and later I have Eurotronic Spirit thermostats not-responding / not receiving updates from them. Even when they are routed through another powered device (Forrest Shuttle). Being able to play with the signal strength would be helpful if only to be able to rule this out.

Hi, Can you please send some details about 868 and 433 wirings from antenna cable to the board?

Thanks,

1 Like

Sorry, already closed it again. But it’s easy. Either you cut off the spring antenna, feed the pigtail through one of the holes and solder it from above or you desolder the spring completely (it runs completely through the print) and solder the pigtail from below.

I you give me an email address via message, i can send you a high res photo of the final result.

2 Likes

Please do that and send me the photos at

Email address removed by moderator.

Thanks,

Done. Good luck!
p.s. would remove your mail address here, it’s a public page so everyone can grab it.

1 Like

Would you be so kind to email me those pictures too

So I’ve finally received my antenna from AliExpress and opened up my Homey Pro to attach them to the internal z-wave antenna and it works like a charm! And the transparent christmas bowl looks amazing :wink:

8 Likes

Nice dome, where did you get that?

Just scroll up a bit m8

Ah #Lazymode thanks

Hi Bob,
Why did yoy purchase these items? For extending the Zwave-range?
What artnr’s did you order at AliExpress?
Can you add a picture how you connected the antenna to the Homey?
Where can I find the network-overview you added as a screenshot?
Thnx!
Roger

I know it’s a long topic but just reading the last 4 posts and then ask everything that is alr posted above? Cmon m8, read the topic and it’s all there!

4 Likes

Happens very often lately alas…

Does anyone else have issues getting the PCB up and free? Mine is stuck so hard I can’t get it free, feels like I’m at risk of breaking it.