Homey Community Forum

Homey antenna mod

Looks very nice. What I did wrong was to place the antenna’s on the top sphere, should have connected the to the bottom one, like you. Nice! Will you be doing this to your pro as well? Because that’ll suffer the same issues.

Thx @Martijn_Hoogenbosch
Why was it wrong to connect them to the top sphere? Because of the extra weight?

I’ll be waiting to mod the Pro first. But definately considering it…

Yes, it is very unstable now and tbh it just looks better like you did it. The bending of the antenna’s just look better. I still have to glue the spheres back together, now they are put together with scotch tape…

So many things to do :wink:

1 Like

I might be imagining this but I had modded my gen 1 for zigbee which definitely made a different. My pro I didn’t at first and honestly; It looks like it has a lot more range.
Although I might be imagining it of course :slight_smile:

I’ll have to wait for new antennas from Ali anyway, so I’ll see how the Pro is holding up until then.
But still; the better antenna’s would improve anyway. Even is range is already better; it would be further enhanced by modding…

1 Like

Morning Luuk,

Read you do antenna mods, I would like to have mine modded to improve reach.

Could you maybe help me out?

Regards, Rob

Completed this project as well for the BLE/WIFI and Zigbee antenna’s. I had to use a small saw to make an opening above the led ring in the back. It was glued too tight. Once the orb has been opened it is easy.

I opened it above the LED ring. No screw-breaking or other damage was needed.

Nice! And how’s the result?