Homey apps - where to find them after update of web page?

Today I visited apps.athom.com and was surprised by new design. However I cant find apps for installation. Any hint where to look?

1 Like

I think there is something wrongā€¦

I think itā€™s getting a update.

1 Like

Sure, thats professional. Unable to install app without any notice to customers.

It will be under your account when you log in.

login

Just checked out the new design of the apps portal and I think itā€™s horrible. Only a very small number of apps are browsable, the rest youā€™ll have to search for. I donā€™t know what the idea behind this is but I think this is a HUGE downgrade.

5 Likes

Itā€™s stil in Maintenance, letā€™s hope it isā€™n ready yet.
Iā€™m missing the ā€œNewā€ filter, thatā€™s the one always use!

Itā€™s really bad. Hope this does not stay this way.

I liked browsing the store,ā€¦ you always would something new to install.
Search does not bring me this.

3 Likes

A - ik ben geen boer (mā€™n opa was akkerbouwer, ok) (Iā€™m not a farmer, but my granddad was :P)
B - ik ben niet het type dat bij ā€œnieuwigheidā€ gelijk begint te brullen (Iā€™m not the type that starts yelling at new developments, mostly I embrace them)
C - precies wat @DaniBlaa zegt dus. Het was nu juist zo leuk om een beetje rond te struinen. En precies dat is er dus nu totaal uit. (exactly as stated above: the random browsing for new stuff is not possible anymore)
D - zoeken impliceert dat je weet wat je zoekt. Daar heb je zoekfuncties voor. (search implies you know what you are searching forā€¦)
E - lekker ā€˜rondkijkenā€™, ā€˜snuffelenā€™ of ā€˜bladerenā€™ is nu niet meer mogelijk. (random browsing is not possible anymore, as said)
F - conclusie: sterke vermindering van functionaliteit. Simpelweg door er analytisch naar te kijken. (conclusion: strong decrease in functionality. Just an analysis.

2 Likes

Search function not working yet but I googled the urls to the apps and could install them fine.
I agree it is not the best looking so far.

I start to wonder how Athom tested this new AppStoreā€¦ or if they user-tested it at all.

1 Like

Letā€™s hope it improves a lot after maintenance is completed. Maybe they are rolling it out in phases. Bit weirdā€¦

Letā€™s all drive slowly and backwards to The Hague and hold a big protest on the Malieveld. Seems to work for some groupsā€¦

1 Like

Nope, thatā€™s actually very modern. Agile/scrum methodā€¦ :slight_smile:

I triedto find out the version of the Harmony Hub. I had to scroll to the bottom of the page (canā€™t remember how many pages) to finally find the version there. For me itā€™s more logic that the version is somewhere at the top.

hahahaha no this I wouldnā€™t classify as scrum/agile. If this would be a new product, you could say this is an MVP (minimal viable product) but in this case we already had a nicely working product.

I have worked as an Ops-engineer for years and if I would have rolled out a new release like this, my superiors would have chopped my head of!

3 Likes

Fully agree with you.

Is Athom still updating the apps section?
The way to look for apps is now really cumbersome, the whole apps ecosystem was actually one of the key strengths of Homey

issues:

https://developer.athom.com/status

Yes, its there for a while. Its like when you buy a car and then they tell you that key will be available sometimes later.