Homey dead?

Yesterday evening my Homey (version 1) rebooted every x minutes. Could not find why that happened. Sometime the Homey was reachable with the app, most of the time it was offline with the orange led ring blinking. IT kept on rebooting so I took it of the power for a couple of minutes. After plugging in the adapter (original Homey adapter) the Homey made a lot of noise through the speaker and could not start up at all. This morning I changed the adapter. The noise is gone but the Homey is not starting at all with the orange led ring blinking for a couple of hours now…

Is it dead?

I did a search!

This morning I changed the adapter. The noise is gone but the Homey is not starting at all with the orange led ring blinking for a couple of hours now…

The adapter you tried is at least a 2000 mA adapter?

It is a 3A adapter

3A useally means it is a quick charger, the 3A rating is for the higher (9Volt/12 Volt) it can deliver (only if the receiving device says it can handle it) and not for the 5V, which is most likely lower then 2A even.
So I should give another adapter a try.

The Power-Plug should have this specifications:

Bought another adapter today (2A, 5V) and problem is solved. Homey is up&running for over an hour now. Thanks for all the help.