Homey end of Speech and Google Home integration

Yes that’s what I have. By I also have them as connected ( gekoppelde) accounts on google home and google hub?
Should i Unconnect these

All smart speaker devices should only be connected to the home through the main account.

So I tried with one of my family members not having their google account connected to home/hub. Indeed that works fine, routines that I have created ( being the main account) are started and homey flows are activated.
So action is apparently to unconnect the connected accounts for home/hub.

Just for conformation. I have for my household the same as you

But you don’t have what I have when looking at the smartspeakers themselves under settings-> herkenning en delen

I do, but as long as the right one is on top, I figure the assistant is ok with it.

Hmmm, That’s what I have. The right one is on top, but still it is not working for the other family members
Getting desperate now :frowning:

Last thing that could be different is that the other family members have their homey account and google account linked as well…

I have a similar setup with the screenshots above. But isn’t working (Troubles with Activating a flow which was previously done by using 'ok google, tell homey x").

@Frank_van_de_Schuur I share your desperation. It was working so nicely and the though of having to make digital buttons for each flow I want to access from the member accounts doesn’t really have my fancy :confused:

I don’t think that it is possible to have multiple accounts tied to the same Homey link to multiple Google accounts. As far as I know it is like Highlander: “There can be only one”. The last person to link the account is likely the only fully active one.

The best way to test is to have each family member make a flow with their name, make this favorite for that person alone and synchronize with Homey from their Google Home app account (so not by asking Homey, because who knows which flows will be synced).

Then if all have done that, they should all go to Google Home to create a routine, and try to add a scene. (I’d advise to do the main account last… If everyone only sees their own flow, then it looks like Homey can sync for all of them, and not share info between accounts. Would be even nicer if they were combined. But I’m kind of expecting that only the last one will se his or her flow and the rest will see nada.

Then you should try asking the assistant to execute some of these flows. I think every one should be able to call the flow of the last person, but no one elses. But I could be proven wrong.

If I,’m right and there is only one flow visible, then it is probably wise to unlink all the others, in case they have a broken connection, It might be if they sync, the favorites will be wiped or something.

Yep, but do not despair @Edwin_D has it working so we should be able to do so as well.

This is not working, as I mentioned in one of my original posts.
Only the person who has added the devices at the start (the main account I guess) can sync devices, thats the message Google gives

@Maaike Question, do you have multiple google accounts connected to you smart speakers?
And is each separate google account connected to their own Homey Account?

Thinking about it…the problem is apparently the following:
How do we get a smartspeaker to use the routines of the main account even if it recognizes a non-main account.

If somebody within my family (who is not connected to the smart speaker) gives a voice command then the the smart speaker does not recognize the person (it does not show a name or icon) and executes routines from the main account. :ok_hand:

If somebody within my family (who is connected to the smart speaker) gives a voice command then the the smart speaker does recognize the person (it shows a name and an icon) but does not execute any routine from the main account :-1:

my google setup:
a family account is used for my google home/household setup (also making this account the only on allowed to “sync devices” with homey)
each of the family members are “people in the household” having “manager” access
google household (huishouden)-> people in this house (mensen in dit huis) shows all accounts (family and separate members)
google mini speaker settings -> linked accounts (gekoppelde accounts) family-account header “other accounts” shows the member accounts

my homey setup:
household member 1 is owner of homey
other household members & the family account are managers in homey.

flows that I make favorites with the member1/owner account in homey do become available for use by the family account in google

Executed the next experiment: Had the family member (without google account connected to my smartspeakers and not being part of my household and not linked to homey) connected to my smart speaker and part of my household in google home, but still not linked to homey.
Now it is also not working anymore for that family member. Apparently linked to homey per account or not does not make a difference

So my conclusion is that @Edwin_D has done some magic somewhere to make the smartspeakers use the routines of the main account even while google recognizes this person as not being the main account :thinking:

Either we have to do the same magic OR remove all other accounts but the main account to enable all other users to use the routines of the main account

if the triggering of homey flows then still has to be done via separate routines per flow, the making of buttons (virtual switches) might be equally bothersome and will probably provide a better service as these will be accessible “as any other device”

haven’t tried these virtual switches yet though

Yes. So what you actually want is that when one of your family members talks to your smartspeaker, google chooses to use the routines of the family account

Well, that’s the thing. I just didn’t do that much (consciously) and it automagically worked as expected. Didn’t realize it could go worse. Basically I set everything up from my account, both in Google and in Homey. I created users for Homey, I added 2 of my household to the house in Google Home (the 3rd I could not add because he is blocked by Google Family Link), and I asked all family members to train their voice. That’s it.

There is the emergency exit option though. All members van turn devices on and off right? Before Homey allowed flows to be called directly as scenes, I used virtual switches to trigger flows. You add a virtual on off switch with the name of the flow. If that is turned on, you activate the required flow and immediately turn the switch off again in the flow (so you can turn it on again). Then anyone can say: “Hey google, turn <flow name> on” to trigger the flow

Question, do the other persons see the flow as a scene in their Google Home app when they create a routine, or no scenes, just devices?

No scene. Just devices!

More info. Just deleted the person (that I lastly added) from my household and thus also from the connected accounts in home/hub.
Doesn’t make a difference!! Home/hub recognizes the person and thus does not start any of the routines that are created under the main account.

@Edwin_D are you 100% sure that your family members can start a routine while your smartspeaker recognizes them as not being the main account?

I wanted to test this, but right now Google isn’t recognising a word anyone says. A rare glitch at Google? She’ll be out soon for sports so I’ll get back to you to make sure.