Homey firmware v3.0.0 (exp)

thx !!!

Amen!

I keep on wondering why people are complaining about Zigbee. I have Zigbee devices from a few brands now, and they all work flawless. I never had a problem with a Zigbee device, so that makes me wonder why other people do.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I don’t believe that people have issues with Zigbee. I’ve just never experienced them myself, so the constant river of complaints is strange to me.

I do however understand that issues can annoy you, and you want them fixed asap. So I support your request for a zigbee rewrite and especially for the B&R. I also hoped it would both be in V3, but unfortunately, it’s not…

But like @anon2681894 says: We are never satisfied, so I’ll give v3 a try soon

I do believe that the full features of 3.0 will show it self first when the updated webpage becomes active and we might will see things like Flow backup and sharing.

Don’t expect this to become available until after the official release of 3.0. Hopefully before the Christmas holidays… :slight_smile:

But that’s just me guessing…

1 Like

That might just be the case.

I also saw something about an improvement of Homey built-in presence software. Did someone already test that?

Homey Pro restarting on it’s own initiative, anybody else? 3.0.0 and app 3.0. Obviously I had a crash since a flow restarts Homey on a crash. Bad news since my Homey automates the local nuclear reactor. Wind direction is now south-southeast.

Saving and restoring homey should be in version 3.0. Promises…Promises…

@Peter_Post
They never talked about it after v2.1 came out, just that it will come in time (especially not promises, they never make promises anymore), they have never talked about it being in v3.0.0
They are still working on it, and it wil come when it is done, or do we rather have corrupt backup possibilities.
But don’t expect it to be done soon, i think we will see the zigbee rewrite before.

@Neuron44
that is a mis understanding of An app that has improved presence detection from before that update, not the Homey app itself

@Tangodelta
please check your power supply (and try a different one with at least 2A of 5V output).

1 Like

Is there only an app V3. 0 for Apple? Nothing on android yet?

did you enable being a beta tester for the Athom app?

Through TestFlight on iOS, Android nada.

No, just have experimental in homey

I have done a bit of testing. See this post Presence cards in WHEN section

Just update to beta tester. Let’s see

@AVP just use the life360 app -den virker perfekt…

Android avaible for me (Beta-Tester) since Yesterday round about 19:00 o’clock.

Date & time flow card is also fubar in 3.0. App problem, not firmware.

Are V2 apps compatible with the V3 firmware?

Yes 100% it will work, nothing changed in the api that can break anything, unlike v2

Do we know for sure that Homey tells us when battery drops below 25% for battery powered devices? That I can de install the Battery Monitor app…

I think the energy tab is a nice add-on (although I think Zigbee rewrite and backup and restore is more important too.
A few things about Energy:

• for devices that don’t measure power consumption you can enter a value for standby and power on modes of this device. Just check the specs and Homey Wil count these accordingly in the totals. Check the gear in the right upper corner of the device.
  • Looks like all devices are shown. I.e. the virtual buttons for Heimdall surveillance mode and activate alarm are shown too.
  • furthermore, battery powered devices like remote controls, smoke detectors, etc are shown too. Would be nice do hide them from the overview. Strange that the Aqara sensors (which are devices) too, are Not shown in the overview. Perhaps developers can code something into their apps so these devices don’t show up here.
    What I do like is that I see my thermostat too. It is powered by the heating itself, so it is very accurate that it shows up, because it has power consumption too!

So far, I like Energy! Could be finetuned, but still…!

1 Like