Homey goes offline once in a while

Johan
It sounds at least an valid option for when I’m on vacation. Do you have an example of such a flow. Thx in advance for your support

Create a new flow that triggers with the interval you wish (eg. daily/bi-daily at 3 am) and use the “system”/“restart Homey” card as action card.

Is there a trigger/condition possible when off-line

I’m afraid you’re not the only one. In my case Homey goes offline or whatever and everything stops working. I have to reboot Homey to get things working.

I also scheduled a daily reboot early in the morning, but still - yesterday to be exact - Homey again went offline!?

Could it be that it has something to do with changes or disruptions taking place in the cloud?

And I agree, off course this happened to me also being on holiday. That’s the period this really shouldn’t happen.

Same here. PTP doesn’t always make any difference. Homey will eventually come back online after some time. This leads me to believe it may be a cloud problem.

I don’t want to resort to automatic daily or nightly reboots, especially if I’m out of the country, as that would reset variables, security system status, etcetera.

I had the same problem and identified the Hue App was causing that homey was offline twice a day. After I have reported the issue to Athom they brought an update an now Homey is stable without any reboots during the night.

If your homey is offline once a day, just deactivate one app after the other and see if homey stay online. Then you are able to find the app which is causing issues.

All the best

Since I moved tot “another” provider XS4ALL with it’s Fritz router I have had NO offline situation any more. I switched over beginning match. IT is freakingen bit thuis night Homey went offline.

I also still have this issue. I hope switching to a different provider will solve it for me as well. I’m moving to a new house and new provider in July, fingers crossed.

Johan,
I can t find the “system”/“restart Homey” card. Where can i find it or do i have to create it in Homeyscript?
Thx in advance for your help.

Hi @David_Zwart.
Ah, you will have to enable experimental functions in settings first.

I have the same issue that sometimes Homey mentions it’s offline. But this time I tried to PtP (25 minutes without power and then waited another 20 minutes). But after this time it still mentions its offline. Any suggestions what to do?

I got a homey pro early 2019 with 4.2.0
The led ring functions as normal, not a red ring of death.

Maybe a conflict between WFi channel and Zigbee channel.

I did another PtP and router restart and Homey is back a live it seems that the D&M Heos app kept crashing and I had a flow that when this app crashes then restart. So it was in some kind of loop of crashing and restarting :thinking:

I disabled the flow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I moved as I wrote in July, and have a new internet provider with a new Wifi router. Homey has never been offline since (fingers crossed). No idea of this was the issue with my homey, but I do have a strong suspicion.

Some extra info, both with the firmware 4.2 and with the new V5 it works like a charm again.

Okay I hope I finally found what caused the issue that I constantly lost the connection to homey:

After a long time of trial and error (changing my ASUS rt-ax88u router settings), I think I found the issue in a setting called ‘Smart Connect’:

Once disabled Homey didn’t went ‘offline’ anymore :crossed_fingers:

Kind of strange, cause homey only supports 2.4Ghz, so it can’t hop/toggle from one band to another. Maybe I’m wrong and I changed some other settings as well that might fixed the issue :thinking:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: I should have searched the forum better. Anyway it took me several days/weeks, changing setting by setting in my router and finally its stable. :crossed_fingers:

Is it worth mentioning this to Athom, I mean more and more people will have this band steering (smart connect) on their router by default enabled.

Still a major disappointment that Homey lacks a proper RJ45 (LAN) port. To avoid these strange wireless issues.

Not in my experience. I’ve mentioned this to Athom multiple times on Slack, but apparently it’s still an issue.

Okay, well I just create a support request. It’s good that people keep mentioning it to Athom. Although it feels that we sometimes are being ignored. If we stop sending requests, then for sure nothing will be fixed in the future.

Edit / Got a reply in Dutch from Athom:

Bedankt dat je contact met ons hebt opgenomen met dit probleem.

Helaas kan Homey niet overweg met 5GHz WiFi netwerken, zoals je zelf ook vastgesteld hebt.

Hiernaast is het bij ons bekend dat het in sommige gevallen kan zijn dat Homey niet goed kan verbinden als het 2,4GHz en 5GHz netwerk hetzelfde SSID hebben. Tot mijn spijt kunnen we hier op kort termijn niets aan doen, het is echter aan Development doorgegeven.

Mijn oprechte excuses voor het ongemak wat dit je oplevert, ik had je graag aan een definitieve oplossing geholpen.

I have a seperate ssid for smart home and IOT devices. My initial goal was to block internet access on all these devices until i allow it for specific devices. But it also might solve your problem when you only select the 2,4Ghz band on this seperate network.
From a security standpoint it is not best practice to let all your wifi enabled iot devices use your main network and let them have internet access.

Your router\AP needs to support the function though and there needs to be some firewall rules in place so you can still reach the Homey locally.