[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@Jan_Hilhorst,

Can you please make a screenshot from your flow.

Thanks

Of course.
Here you go.

@Jan_Hilhorst,

Hi, first sorry for my bad english, i want to help you. I tried everything what you wrote, but i cant not add a delay in the harmoy activity. I can add only a delay in the action colume but not in the trigger and, and colume. Can you please show me where you add a delay?

Thanks

That’s what i meant indeed.
In the harmony desktop app

But can also be done in the android app.

@Jan_Hilhorst,

Sory for my bad english. Ok now i understand you with a delay. Try this, make two flows, first take a flow card, when this flow is started then start activity (harmony card) and make here a delay. The second flow, when activity start, take the first flow and your kaku switch in the then colume. I hope i can explain it.

No that’s just my point. The Homey flow is triggered after the Harmony activity is finished. I have tried it with a couple of minutes of delay. The homey flow is triggered AFTER the Harmony activity. So after the minutes of delay.

So the homey card that says “Activity is started” is not correct. It starts when the harmony activity is finished. The same goes for “Activity is been started” .

I let the app write the commands in simple log as check. Yesterday 20:00 the beta app stopped working after 9 days.
What can I do to get this app running stable?

The beta also stopped working here.
I have uninstalled it and installed the stable v1.3.1, but my Harmony Hub could not be found anymore :frowning: .
It is still found via the ios harmony app, but not this one. Any idea why? Or when I can fill in the ip (it static so this should be best for me I suppose) ?

@Jan_Hilhorst I will debug this behavior and hope to come up with a fix soon!
@Toon_Vos @bookmarc In the upcoming update, I will add a way to get more debug information to pinpoint this kind of behavior.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen

1 Like

I look forward to it and I would be happy to share the results.
Restarting the app every so many days is annoying of course.

The app is usefull.
It kills the lights with a delay at night. So after I shut down the TV the lights will go off a couple of minutes later (after you leave the living room)
A different one is starting the chromecast Radio in a Harmony scene starting the receiver on the chromecast-function.

Hi @jreenen

I’m trying to set up a flow where an action happens when I turn on an Activity (or a device turns on)

I’ve tried both

1. When Device Xbox turns on -> take action
  2. When activity starts, and Activity tag contains Xbox, take action

But neither seem to be working. I removed and re-added my harmony hub / devices just to be sure, but i don’t seem to be getting anything

Am I using this incorrectly somehow?
Thanks

Edit. Just to add, just tried launching a test to start an activity and it just sits there spinning. The Harmony hub did take the action tho, so I wonder if it’s not getting a response to confirm, and that’s why it’s not taking the action when activity starts? All guesswork on my side…

What I did was let log note the exact text of the activity and use this in the logic

@Toon_Vos

Could you provide a little more info on how you did that please?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind - worked it out and installed Simple Log - tested, found a card and it now seems to be working :slight_smile:

Hi I just got my Homey it’s on homey_version 1.5.12
When I installed Harmony Hub app my devices show up, but when I try power them on, nothing happens.

Also can this be used to control my Harmony Hub via Siri voice commands (using Homepod)?

Ok I haven’t set any up. I can only see devices.

I thought I could get Homey to sync/launch the activities already setup and I can add additional actions.
So that if someone uses the physical Harmony remote the current activity will still be controllable, I thought as the hub will know what activity is active.

@jreenen or someone else who can help:
I have successfully installed the harmony app and added my TV from there as a new device in homey.
But when using harmony in the THEN column in order to activate my ‘TV kijken’ activity, it simply does not show any of my activities that I already created in the harmony.
What do I do wrong?

Okay thanks. Yeah, I did it like that. It appears that configuring this flow from the mobile app does not work (as in: does not load the activities)
From the desktop / browser interface it indeed works.
Now I have the next question: I named my flow ‘TV kijken’ and I am hooked up with google home/assistant with Homey. So when I ask assistant 'ask homey to start the flow ‘TV kijken’ (all in Dutch), it won’t do anything.

Below see my flow and how google responds.

Screenshot_20181201-085740

@JonE

I think that (part) of your problem is, that your voice command is already a standard Homey instruction. See the list here.

Okay, but how do I configure that this standard command will then actually switch on the TV?

@jreenen
did something change the last two weeks (app or homey change?)? The flows were working fine for about a month, but they suddenly stopped working. The harmony activity triggers are not recognized / not triggering the flow.