[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

Ok clear!

Did that. Also restarted the App. The result is the same; missing 4 activities, one being PowerOff.
I will do a PTP tomorrow and see if that helps.

BTW
I can manage without these activities as devices… so please don’t put (too much) of your tome and energy in this!

When i ask google to turn off tv slaapkamer, tv woonkamer also turns off

Probably because they both implement the TV class. Could you check that on: https://developer.athom.com/tools/devices

Example:

To solve this I think I should implement my own trigger like: start activity [tv slaapkamer]/[tv slaapkamer] and stop activity [tv slaapkamer]/[tv slaapkamer]

Will try to reproduce it on my side, being on firmware 2.0 already could make that a bit harder. Especially the PowerOff which should be the same on every Harmony Hub is surprising me because I can use it in a flow without a problem. Hope I can find the root cause of this.

Cool! Works fine! Can change volume and channels! (Helped a little bit with that idea :sunglasses:)

1 Like

I have allready. In combination with virtual device it worked fine. Replaced TV woonkamer virtual device that triggered the Harmony activity for new activety trigger. But i think you are right that it is a homey thing…

My harmony hub is acting up. Started recently (around homey 2.0 update). It gets stuck on the red led every now and then (so doesn’t accept commands). Also noticed that the app in Homey has crashed a couple of times. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

The red led has nothing to do with homey. It is related to your hub losing connection to its WiFi. I can imagine homey suffering from this as well when it cannot reach the harmony hub due to the network disconnects.

@DavidN I have seen some ECONNRESET crash reports in my email was able to reproduce it and I think I have found the cause of this. Currently, on my development machine, I replaced the autodiscover library this app was using for a different one. And no ECONNRESET has happened for the last 2 days.

I will also check if the red light on your hub is being caused by the Harmony app (check if it somehow overfloods the socket).

Will get back on this soon!

I notice the red led also sometimes (don’t know how much it happens, my hub is out of sight).
So it’s possible this is caused by the app, since several people are seeing the red led that use the app.

@jreenen ,
I know you where busy on other stuff with the app, but any change this is fixed already.
Browsed the complete thread but couldn’t find an anwser.

Cheers
Jan

@Jan_Hilhorst Its good that you come back on this issue as it totally slipped my mind. Would you be so kind to create an issue here: https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub/issues that way I can keep better track of it.

Regards,

Jeroen van Reenen

Done.

1 Like

@Jan_Hilhorst / @DavidN
Still investigating your issues, hope to get back on it soon.

1 Like

A small update, the app had crashed again and has been down for a couple of days (haven’t noticed the red led during that time). Restarted the app again today and now I’m seeing the red led again. I’m guessing it’s related but can’t know for sure. Thanks for investigating! :slight_smile:

In Homey V2.x, for me it is only possible to use ‘start’ or ‘stop’ an activity in the ‘then’ part of a flow. I’m using one flow in which I leave home, but when i’m leaving, the flow works fine, except for the ‘stop activity’ part. It shows a moving ring… Any idea?

Oops, I already found out… it should be ‘start activity’ and then PowerOff… Kind of strange, but it works…

@Jan_Hilhorst found the issue! This will be solved in the next version of the app.

1 Like

Hi @Joep_Vullings ,

The stop activity should also work so I will investigate if something is broken there. Basically its doing the same as starting the power off activity, indeed a bit strange but that’s how the Harmony Hub is designed :slight_smile: