Homey Community Forum

Homey Harmony Hub (v2.0.1)

app
official

You can switch on your devices in the cards. For starting a activity you need to make a flow

@jreenen or someone else who can help:
I have successfully installed the harmony app and added my TV from there as a new device in homey.
But when using harmony in the THEN column in order to activate my ‘TV kijken’ activity, it simply does not show any of my activities that I already created in the harmony.
What do I do wrong?

Wich card you use???

You need to use this card.

Okay thanks. Yeah, I did it like that. It appears that configuring this flow from the mobile app does not work (as in: does not load the activities)
From the desktop / browser interface it indeed works.
Now I have the next question: I named my flow ‘TV kijken’ and I am hooked up with google home/assistant with Homey. So when I ask assistant 'ask homey to start the flow ‘TV kijken’ (all in Dutch), it won’t do anything.

Below see my flow and how google responds.

So problem harmony fixed. Your next question is the best to post it in the google home topic, and ofcourse first start reading there. maybe your problem already answerd

@JonE

I think that (part) of your problem is, that your voice command is already a standard Homey instruction. See the list here.

Okay, but how do I configure that this standard command will then actually switch on the TV?

probbely the standard command wont work, because i think homey does not see your tv and if it does it wont work because you want to trigger a Harmony scene.

But thats try and error.

You could try this… (choose your own tekst of course) with in the then colum your harmony action

i know wasnt good with drawing at school :rofl:

@jreenen
did something change the last two weeks (app or homey change?)? The flows were working fine for about a month, but they suddenly stopped working. The harmony activity triggers are not recognized / not triggering the flow.

and wich version you are, beta stable

Known behavior. The app crashes after 9 days in my case. Restart app is solution right now. Developer is planning to debug in future.

@RoyWissenburg

I’m on v1.3.1 for Harmony and 1.5.13 for Homey.

I am affraid I have some bad news in the latest firmware update logitech disabled the local api this app is using to communicate with the hub (https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2018/12/17/logitech-harmony-removes-local-api/). I will investigate if a solution can be found for this but it might end up in a discontinue for this app :frowning:

Thanx for the heads up, will avoid upgrading right now and hopefully Logitech will revert their change.

Sad news. Thanks for the warning @jreenen
I will avoid updating. Hopefully it is not aggressively pushed!

They (Logitech) pulled it thankfully. Had a fun day but we are back, at least for now

Did Logitech revert? Or was the workaround good enough?

Update 3 (18 dec): Twitter user @ChadBeattie has discovered that there seems to be a second undocumented local API that is being used by the Logitech Harmony iOS app. Home Assistant dev @ehendrix23 is looking into updating the PyHarmony library to use this. Join #devs_backend on our chat if you want to help with development. We can’t guarantee that it will work, but if we can get it to work, we will do a hot fix release.

It seems that they reverted.

I accidentally took the latest instead of reverting and that was the previous version.

In other words, the latest version on their server now is 201 instead of 206

[modbreak: removed unrelated add/spam link]

Seems disabling the local API is here to stay and was intentionally:

Harmony Hub Firmware Update Fixes Vulnerabilities

Logitech recently released a firmware update for Harmony hub-based remotes that addressed some security vulnerabilities brought to our attention by a third-party cyber security firm. Logitech takes our customers’ security seriously, and we work diligently to fix these kinds of issues as they’re discovered.

_ _

Last week we began rolling out this update. We are aware that some customers using undocumented Harmony APIs for local home control were affected as a side-effect of our closing these vulnerabilities. These private local control APIs were never supported Harmony features. While it is unfortunate that customers using these unsupported features are affected by this fix, the overall security of our products and all of our customers is our priority.

We urge customers to update to this latest firmware, version 4.15.206.

https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008D4bZ4SAJ/harmony-hub-firmware-update-fixes-vulnerabilities

It still works when you have a firmware < .206 and disable the internet access for the harmony hub (that is what I have done for now), but do not know how and if it will work when you have to make changes to the setup, I believe you need internet access for that.

There is another local API available. Would we be able to talk to that one instead :)?