[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

Just installed v1.4.3 via CLI

Thanks!

Homey harmony hub is available in the apps store again.
But I can’t install the app.
I get the error message [invalid_checksum][object Object]

Yep, I had the same. So I installed via CLI.
I guess with some patience it will be made available soon.

What has changed from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3?

@Marc_van_Zutphen Yes I have seen it I am trying to get in touch with Athom to see how we can solve this.

@Eternity Added settings where you can download a debug file that should help @denniedegroot and myself to resolve bugs. It basically exports some information of your hub and all paired devices.

Aha. Thanks @jreenen

Thanks, I have installed this version already with the CLI.

Had a nice break-through I finally found a way to support Homey’s build-in TV class. When implemented the app should respond to “Ok homey turn on TV” and more reserved TV related built-in voice commands. I will start developing this and release it on V1.5.0.

3 Likes

Sounds nice, but I now have a flow that when I say ‘TV kijken’ is starts the Harmony activity which also includes my av-receiver and horizon box. Will this new way then only turns on the TV via the Harmony or start the activity?

@Julian It will start an activity you will be allowed to pair that is of type “VirtualTelevisionN” which your “TV kijjken” activity is. It also controls channel up/down volume up/down/mute like you have configured on your hub.

1 Like

@jreenen Ok, clear. Tell you the truth I do not use the speech command that much but was curious how it would work.

@Julian me neither but it bothered me that I couldn’t find a way to properly implement the TV class without weird side effects. And I do think an app that also controls your TV should have that class implemented.

@jreenen ‘NIet omdat het moet maar omdat het kan’ :joy: (Sorry for the Dutch language…). But many thanks for working on it, very happy with the fact you guys got working again so quickly, big thumbs up :+1:

1 Like

Not just because I can :wink: people were actually complaining that Homey responded with: “I can’t find a TV” (or something like that) when they asked to turn on the TV. And it has allot of advantages to on the mobile cards.

The app (v1.4.3) should be available in the Athom shop again, in an install-able state :wink:

2 Likes

Who wants an alpha invite to test the TV class implementation for this app? PM me your email and I will invite you an provide you with some instructions.

Great suggestion by @Caseda why not allow pairing all activities and map classes and capabilities based on activity type. On the alpha version I only allow pairing of activities that has type VirtualTelevisionN to support the TV class. But off course every activity has an onoff capability, I will investigate if I can create a mapping for even more.

3 Likes

Feature is almost ready and released to alpha channel for some testing, if you want an invite PM me your email or CLI install the alpha branch on github https://github.com/jreenen/com.jreenen.homeyharmonyhub/tree/alpha

Installed :slight_smile:

Now what should I do? :stuck_out_tongue:
Do I need to configure something extra?

You can now add all your hub activities as a device. Every activity that is of type VirtualTelevisionN (usually Watch TV or TV kijken in dutch) will have the homey tv class added during pairing.

Also I added a capability mapping to both the activities and devices (for devices you need to remove and re-add though) which should add the following capabilties to applicable activities/devices:

• onoff
  • volume_up
  • volume_down
  • volume_mute
  • channel_up
  • channel_down

The tv class also makes it possible to use voice trigger words e.g. Ok homey, turn on tv.

All used capabilities on an activity will be controlling the device that is in your activity setup on your harmony hub so if you e.g. have volume controlled by your receiver and channel up and down on a settopbox those devices will be used.

So to fully test, I remove all my Harmony-devices and start from zero.
When adding, I first add the Activity driver and after that I do the Device driver?