[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

@Fire69 To fully test everything indeed you should remove all Harmony devices. There is no mandatory order in which devices and/or activities should be added as they have no relationship on homey’s side.

Seems to be working very good.
Device control is working, changing volume on receiver is working.
Can’t test the activities right now, the wife is watching TV :smile:

So its not Homey controlling your home but your wife :wink:

2 Likes

Yep :smirk:

[edit]
Quickly tested changing the channel during a commercial break, working OK too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha!

Just tried turning off my activity, but didn’t go quite as expected.

I use my Google Mini to talk to Homey so I asked "Vraag Homey om te tv uit te zetten’.
My TV turned off but my STB and receiver didn’t (I could still hear the audio) and Google replied ’ Homey: OK. Eén apparaat reageerde niet.’
And then, after about 1 minute, the activity was completely turned off.

Did I not do it correctly? :slight_smile:

Does this also work the other way around now :)? When pausing a movie through my harmony remote Homey acknowledges the command and one can attach a flow to it (turn on kitchen lights for example).

Cheers for your hard work!

Is it also possible to sync the on/off state of devices besides the activity state? I want to use that to control for example the light scenes or sunscreens through Homey by using the Harmony remote. The idea I have is to create a virtual device which can be turned on and off to trigger a flow in Homey. Now only the on/off state-card in Homey changes by using the activities.

@Fire69 No I dont think you did anything wrong and for some reason the activity device wasn’t responding, can you run the app in debug mode and see if you can find a clue on why this was happening?

@Hannes85, @Raymond Unfortunately the harmony hub only reports changes on activities and not on separate devices so there is no way for the app to pick up on those changes :frowning:

Would it be possible to create a ‘dummy’ device in an activity, so it is available to control Homey?

But I think I have answered my own question: the hub only reports changes on activities…

Example: add a extra device in my activity ‘Watch TV’. When I launch this activity, the extra device is available in my Harmony remote. Let’s say that pressing the ‘Arrow Up’ button uses this spare device and sends a trigger to Homey to switch a light on…?

I ran the app in CLI, when I say ‘zet tv uit’ to Homey (through chat, not voice) I see this:
ON/OFF triggered on Watch TV
Found hub with id 6c661195–xxxxxx-1ef6dc587428 and name Harmony Hub Fire69
Activity change notification received
SOCKET ping 192.168.1.179
Found hub with id 6c661195-xxxxxx-1ef6dc587428 and name Harmony Hub Fire69
Found hub with id 6c661195-xxxxxx-1ef6dc587428 and name Harmony Hub Fire69
PowerOff
6c661195-xxxxxxxxxx-1ef6dc587428
Found hub with id 6c661195-xxxxxxxxxx-1ef6dc587428 and name Harmony Hub Fire69
PowerOff
PowerOff
PowerOff
PowerOff
PowerOff
PowerOff
PowerOff

I don’t have 8 devices active, so I don’t know why it shows PowerOff 8 times…
Homey replied again with 'OK. Eén apparaat reageerde niet.’

@Fire69 will investigate it this evening!

Thank you for this great App and Support! Works perfect with 2.0 donated

1 Like

thanks @azid for your generous donation!

1 Like

Working on finalizing my work on the upcoming version v1.5.x which will include:

• New option to add activities as a device.
  • If an activity is recognized as a television activity it will use the Homey built-in TV class and e.g. let Homey respond to: Ok Homey, turn on tv
  • Capabilities for on/off, channel up/down, volume up/down/mute are now mapped on devices and activities that has support for them.
  • If your hub for some reason goes offline all attached devices and activities will be set to unavailable until it is back online.
  • When you add a device or activity on the Logitech harmony app those changes will get synced, so an app restart is no longer needed when changes occur on the hub.
  • Added allot of new icons to use on devices, almost every device type has its own icon now. If you already have a device paired and want to use the new icon you unfortunately have to delete and re-add it.
  • An app settings options that makes it possible to send me a diagnostic report if you are experiencing a hard to trace bug in this app (only use this when i ask for it :wink: )

Currently I am rewriting the user documentation when that is done I will submit this version to the beta channel (probably this weekend).

7 Likes

I just wanted to say AWESOMELY FANTASTIC!!!

I bought a Harmony Hub a few months before the 1.4.x updates and it didn’t do much in my flows. Didn’t have a lot of spare time to look into it but when the 1.4 updates started coming my TV turned on every time when I came home (I had that programmed in a homecoming flow). So thanks a million for making me love my Harmony Hub! :heart_eyes: and thanks another million for all your hard work :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Documentation updated, decided to change the version number to v2.0.0. Submitted to the beta channel its now up to Athom for the review procedure. Next big feature I will be working on is retrieving the favorite channels from the Logitech Harmony Hub, which will make it possible to have a command like: switch channel to BBC 1.

6 Likes

Wow, awesome! :smiley:

This is good stuff!

Installed the v2.0 beta. All seems to work smoothly!