[APP][Pro] Harmony Hub (v2.0.7)

Working fine overhere

1 Like

Blockquote
I am working on a feature to support adding your hub’s IP. Default behaviour would still be that it is trying to discover your hub but a new setting will be added to add one or more hub ip’s this will however disable the hub discovery.

@jreenen Any update on this feature? Are you still supporting the app (since it is from 7 months ago)?

This question has probably been asked before, but is it possible to let Harmony control Homey and not just the other way around?

In short, more then triggers on scenes turning in and devices that turn on based on scenes, no.
You’ll have to ask Logitech to add Homey to their device lineup.

Hi all,

Just to be on the safe side.

If I would purchase a Logitech Harmony Elite today, would it be possible that if:

I press the pause button of my dvd player, that I learned with the Logitech that
the Logitech pauses the player, and
the Homey turns on Some light groups based on flow defined in Homey?

Thanks in advance.

Jan

I stand corrected, that only works if Homey issues the command of course.

This is not possible, if you use the remote of the device itself neither with the harmony app or remote, as these commands are just not send to any controllers that are connected to the harmony.

If you let Homey pause everything (as it can send any commands TO harmony hub), then of course it is possible.

Just as extra information, even harmony itself doesn’t know the movie is paused then, only that you pressed any button.
Harmony only knows which devices should be on based on which scene is active, more then that it just doesn’t know.
Harmony is in that area just a dumb device that can send IR signals and has an huge library.

Dear PetervdK and Caseda,

Thank you for your quick feedback and explanation, I am glad I asked the question :-)!

Do you have maybe have another solution for this request?

I tried already Broadlink, but the new(er) models are not supported anymore by the app.

In the meantime I will also check/look for other possibilities, because how cool is it when you watch a movey and the lights act on e.g. the ‘start button’ by “all lights go out”, ‘pause button’ by “some lights
wake up”, and ‘stop’ all light go on again ;-).

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Well, you could use a Z-Wave or Zigbee remote that starts, pauses and/or stops the player by a Homey flow that sends the command via the Harmony hub…
After all, that would be the purpose of linking a Harmony hub to Homey, isn’t it?

Hi Peter,

After searching for ‘Z-wave remote’ I came across e.g. the NEEO. You mean something like that?
Sorry, I just started recentely stepped into the world of Domotics ;-).

Best regards, Jan

No, i mean something like this: https://www.robbshop.nl/scene-master

This works as an 8 button switch (or 16 if you press a button twice) and can be with Homey. So you can assign actions to each button like start/pause/stop etc. Then Homey starts flows that sends commands to the Harmony Hub and or lights etc.

Hi Peter,

I immediately ordered this device together with the Logitech hub and it works perfect!

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Best regards, Jan

1 Like

I’ve bought a new television and added it to Harmony, but homey is still using the previous tv… is there any way to update the new devices and activities into homey, without having to reinstall the app?

Perfect!

Question I just installed the harmony app.

When I change the on/of with my Kpn remote control the status is not changing in the homey app (in reality the Tv is of and in the homey app it’s stays on)

Do I something wrong or it’s not synchronizing with each other

Harmony doesn’t update the status of the device when turned in by its own remote.

Kind reply… again.

Oke i will buy a Logitech remote to keep the status updated.
Any advice which simple one to buy?

You will need the harmony hub to make it work

Yes I have a harmony hub I bought the hub to control my TV and KPN media box.
I thought when the TV is setup in the harmony app that it could read also the actual on/of status of the TV.
But as i understand there is only one way status control (Harmony to Device).
What’s the best way to control the 2 devices.
Do you have some flow examples